What Size of Jet?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I've made no adjustments to the carb yet -- it is still stock, but I'm going to start. I thought I'd just order a 128 and 130 jet both, but then I figured I'd make a thread out of it just for fun.

Color of plug:

I don't think there's any doubt it is too lean; white at the tip and light tan around the rest.

What do you think -- 128 or jump to 130? I'd tell you what altitudes I ride, but that'd be cheating.

Oh, and while I was taking that pic, I heard a noise, looked up and saw this little guy:

The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Heck I cant wait to hear the reply on this thread. (Doesnt look lean to me.)< but what do I know?

If it's lean, it ain't that bad. I'm hoping it's the newer style carb if you're wanting anything above 120.

But, in the style of Dr. House, I'll take a gander. Profile picture plus a flat fender truck with just surface rust says Mojave. With that in mind, elevation is hard to figure, but you've got a range from around 2k to 10k, and stock is honestly fine for that. It's really better as you go up, so I'm guessing you play on the lower side of that elevation, in which case I'd say get the 128 and no more. It will give a good bump to idling and stuff down low, and a subtle improvement up high, usually just enough. A couple shims and some holes drilled in the airbox will get you leaner for the high stuff, but really your stock 125 or 126 is gonna be better as you climb higher.

I'd recommend maybe just shimming before you even try jetting up, but it won't hurt to have a couple more jets around. The 130 is overkill unless you're looking for low elevation performance though.

Maybe consider a Dial-a-jet?

I'd like to see more of that truck, though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

128 fo sho
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
    If it's lean, it ain't that bad. I'm hoping it's the newer style carb if you're wanting anything above 120.

But, in the style of Dr. House, I'll take a gander. Profile picture plus a flat fender truck with just surface rust says Mojave ... I'd like to see more of that truck, though.
    The avatar is from a vacation. Don't let it throw a wrench into the works.

It is the newer style carb. It's a 2012.

I'm pretty sure the Willys lived in a barn for a while. It needs a bit of work. I was going to sell it due to my bend-over being being broken but I may have found something that'll allow me to be mobile enough to work on it, so now I'm thinking about working on it again.

A few more pics of the pickup: http://s827.photobucket.com/albums/z...tmotor/Willys/
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Quote Originally Posted by retmotor View Post
    The avatar is from a vacation. Don't let it throw a wrench into the works.

It is the newer style carb. It's a 2012.

I'm pretty sure the Willys lived in a barn for a while. It needs a bit of work. I was going to sell it due to my bend-over being being broken but I may have found something that'll allow me to be mobile enough to work on it, so now I'm thinking about working on it again.

A few more pics of the pickup: http://s827.photobuc...etmotor/Willys/

I stand by the 128 for your jetting needs. Just get some of the needle shims to go with it and adjust the mix a bit maybe.

Now that Willys looks awesome. I wish I could find something like that, or a Reo or International. Just something to show how we used to make things here.

I have a buddy who has two REOs. Right now they're yard art, but he has plans for them. I will say they are a special kind of cool. If they were maintained they look like they'd run forever.

128 it is. I'll order it tomorrow and take the advice on the needle shims and the air/fuel mix. Thank you!

Info: It's not really a secret -- I'm at 3500 feet here.

At 3500 you'll be set. Carry that stock jet for the high stuff, though.

Will do. Ordered it this a.m.

Yea for the local Yamaha shop. The jet came in today. $4.90. I figured it'd be more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links