Airbox Removal
Close
††††
††††
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Airbox Removal

Airbox Removal

Does the swingarm need to come off for airbox removal? I would like to keep it as a roller for now. I did get the panel with the screen off, which was a PIA. Iíve searched high and low and the few threads Iíve found seem to suggest the swingarm has to be removed first. Any advice would be appreciated or pictures.

Iím not doing a hollow or naked mod. Just want to do a complete teardown and cleanup. My bike runs like a champ, but Iím seeing some signs of improper wiring and some stuff thatís tweaked. Nothing major, but now I feel like I have to go over everything. Cheers and thanks.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

It's been a long time ago since I removed everything from my first TW to repaint it. I remembered I removed the airbox but couldn't remember what I removed beforehand. Then I found this old picture and because the airbox is already removed and the TW is not completely torn down yet, I would say I was able to remove the airbox without removing the swingarm. I do remember it was a struggle removing and putting back in the airbox but not horrible.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    That MUST be a really old picture. Not that that makes YOU really old. There is a tool in view that looks like it could be used as a rifle rest - but it isn't a hammer!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Admiral. Your picture reminded me that I can hang the back of the bike from ceiling supports. Thatíll make everything safer and easier to work with. Iíll keep plugging away. Cheers
    admiral, Fred, littletommy and 1 others like this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Quote Originally Posted by old w/?? View Post
    That MUST be a really old picture. Not that that makes YOU really old. There is a tool in view that looks like it could be used as a rifle rest - but it isn't a hammer!

Yep, before the hammer was a thing. No wait, it wasn't that long ago. Or was it? I can't remember. Is not being able to remember mean it was a long time ago or...I forgot what I was thinking. In case I haven't mentioned it, yep, before the hammer was a thing. What was the question? Attachment 142633
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Also - anyone know what this is, was, or should be? Looks to be wrapped with electrical tape and not exactly factory fresh. It exits the wiring loom above the CDI and terminates there. Two wires - white on blue and black on blue. Cheers
    admiral likes this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

If you have a wiring diagram for your bike, you should be able to trace it.

Has anything been disabled such as the kickstand safety? Has the CDI or the coil been replaced? Just throwing stuff out there...??
    Badgerflorida likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerflorida View Post
    Also - anyone know what this is, was, or should be? Looks to be wrapped with electrical tape and not exactly factory fresh. It exits the wiring loom above the CDI and terminates there. Two wires - white on blue and black on blue. Cheers
    It is a dummy or dead end. Ours is mounted in the same place when zip tied to the frame.

Yours

Mine

Yours

Mine
    Last edited by admiral; 12-06-2017 at 11:03 PM.
    littletommy and maddawgj like this.

Thanks Admiral. If I jump these wires, will it regrow the kickstarter that they stole from us?

Seriously though, could this be used to power an accessory? Iím clueless about wiring. I have a nice multimeter, but havenít taken the time to learn how to use it yet.

Like LT said, I should really study the wiring diagram. Cheers
    littletommy, admiral and jtstdub like this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerflorida View Post
    Thanks Admiral. If I jump these wires, will it regrow the kickstarter that they stole from us?

Seriously though, could this be used to power an accessory? Iím clueless about wiring. I have a nice multimeter, but havenít taken the time to learn how to use it yet.

Like LT said, I should really study the wiring diagram. Cheers
    Grow a kick starter, that is funny but I wish it were true. Might cost less than finding one or putting one together from individual parts. Quicker too!

I wonder if the wiring harness is common for multiple motorcycles and this dead end is something else on another one. No idea if it could be used as a power source and all I've done is looked at it. It reminds me of an appendix in our bodies. It's there but basically useless. My pictures are from last night because it was just killing me not knowing if my TW's had the same thing.
    littletommy and Badgerflorida like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links