Largest Jet Size
Close

I've been wondering what is the largest main jet size anyone has used for elevations less than 2000 feet.

I do understand there are other factors involved and that each TW will respond differently.

Or what size do you think I might get away with. I'm going to drill some,

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by koonercat View Post
    I've been wondering what in the largest main jet size anyone has used for elevations less than 2000 feet.

Bigger isn't always better. I've the got stock exhaust on my TW, and it had a 132.5 in it when I forst got it. It ran really nice, and could hit 70 with a little patience and flat ground. Throttle response wasn't the best, but I attributed that to this bike have 30-90 hp less then my other bikes. I swapped out the 132.5 for a 130 and while I may have lost 2 or 3 mph at the top end, the rest of the range feels much better. The bike responds quicker to throttle inputs, it "feels" better throughout the range, and my gas mileage has gone up quite a bit. I wish I would have done this much sooner.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Quote Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
    Bigger isn't always better. I've the got stock exhaust on my TW, and it had a 132.5 in it when I forst got it. It ran really nice, and could hit 70 with a little patience and flat ground. Throttle response wasn't the best, but I attributed that to this bike have 30-90 hp less then my other bikes. I swapped out the 132.5 for a 130 and while I may have lost 2 or 3 mph at the top end, the rest of the range feels much better. The bike responds quicker to throttle inputs, it "feels" better throughout the range, and my gas mileage has gone up quite a bit. I wish I would have done this much sooner.

Thanks. That the kind of info I'm seeking .

I guess I should have mentioned that I'm currently running a 130 with the pilot out 2 3/4 turns and stock exhaust.

My TW seems to run exactly as you describe yours. I'm just looking for a little more power for the longer hills, but it may

be doing the best it's going to.

BTW: The difference in hole size between a 130 and a 132.5 is only 1-1/1000 of an inch. I find it amazing that would

make any difference at all. Neat stuff , isn't it ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I just put the 130 in mine over the weekend. Really woke her up and no more pre ignition "pinging" type sound on full throttle. I put one shim in the needle but for some reason only did two turns on the mixture screw so it starts hard. Easy fix. I dig the 130 though.
    Those who forge their swords into plows, will plow for those who do not.

Sponosred Links