Carby Fuel discharge???
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Carby Fuel discharge???

Carby Fuel discharge???

Hey guys, is normal that I find, if put my finger under, this hole a bit wet of fuel everytime?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken and PlacerLode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jannaruto View Post
    Hey guys, is normal that I find, if put my finger under, this hole a bit wet of fuel everytime?
    Not normal.

That is the drain for the float bowl, but it is also the drain for the bowl overflow tube.

Most likely there is a slight leak from the valve seat o-ring.

You can temporarily stop it from dripping by turning off the petcock when not riding the bike.

jb
    jtstdub, Ken, PlacerLode and 3 others like this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Only time I have a leak there is when Dub's on the trailer and going way up in elevation - I'll get some fuel dripping as the fuel expands in the bowl
    littletommy and Ken like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Lol – not for a bike at any rate

I trust that this “hole” has a pipe attached, which should lead below the frame – some “wetness” can occur when she gets a bit excited, ridden hard etc – but a “constant leak” either means the float bowl isn’t sealing correctly, or your onto a winner

As far as the bike is concerned, making sure the fuel is turned off at the tank when not in use is a good idea – everything else I’ll leave to your discretion …….
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Gotta get that fixed. You can end up with gas in you oil. Check your oil level....

Jim
    littletommy, PlacerLode and Ken like this.
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

Are you shutting off your petcock while trailering??
    Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    Only time I have a leak there is when Dub's on the trailer and going way up in elevation - I'll get some fuel dripping as the fuel expands in the bowl
    Ken likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jannaruto View Post
    Carby?? What the heck is a Carby... sounds like the latest diet my daughter would be on!
    PlacerLode, Ken and grewen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Are you shutting off your petcock while trailering??
    I didn't when we went to Sweet Water and had the dripping - I will from now on tho....if I remember.
    littletommy and Ken like this.

Not constant at all, I never noticed actually a single drop even on the engine, it's only a bit wet that drain hole when i put finger under it, that's all, the tip of the finger gets slightly wet from fuel
    Yes I drive my bike pretty hard, like speeding, high rpm, I stress the bike a lot, oil is super fine, never a single problem related to it, aside a leak couple of weeks ago but that was solved with some gasket changes and also I did a change of oil 2 days ago (3000km reached with old oil)
    The drain screw is new and screwed in quite good (the screw that when unscrewed let the fuel pour out from the bowl)
    Last edited by jannaruto; 12-24-2017 at 05:56 PM.

more than likely you need a new needle seat which I consider a routine maintenance item like an oil filter etc.

If the needle seat is not shutting off fuel flow once the proper float level is achieved the fuel can rise above the bowl gasket and leak out (assumes a tired bowl gasket which is also common) depending on how much fuel the needle seat is allowing to pass the carby could overflow from the vent. The biggest risk of letting this go is that fuel can (and will) leak into the crankcase and dilute the oil which is obviously bad for lubrication but will quickly dissolve clutch plates leading to an early clutch failure and a nasty clean up job

take a peak at your oil level and see if it's rising above the usual level and take a whif of your crankcase and see if you smell carby juice ie petrol

Spend 50 bucks on (2) news needle seat kits and a bowl gasket and be sure to clean or replace your pilot jet while you're in there. Carry the spare )back up" set along with your spare spark plus etc in your tool kit for the next time you'll need it

Partzilla charges the same shipping for one or two (or more) kits so it will lower your cost per kit by grabbing two
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 12-24-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links