Strange system under TW125 Tachometer
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Strange system under TW125 Tachometer

Strange system under TW125 Tachometer

Hey guys,

What is this sensor where this huge round metal thing spin supposed to do?
    I tested with a Tester and every turn is closes the circuit, what is supposed to do?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken likes this.

I TW americani non hanno tachimetri. However the sensor likely provides the pulse once per revolution that is the core of the rev-counter's function. That circuit opens and closes each revolution would indicate it is working properly.
    Purple, Cornelis, Ken and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I TW americani non hanno tachimetri. However the sensor likely provides the pulse once per revolution that is the core of the rev-counter's function. That circuit opens and closes each revolution would indicate it is working properly.
    I didn't get the purpose of that thing tho...
    What happen if I do not connect it?
    Ken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The flux capacitor will malfunction ....
    Cascade Rider and Ken like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    The flux capacitor will malfunction ....
    And what is this flux capacitor?

Just a bit of a joke. The Flux Capacitor was core of a time travel machine from a Hollywood movie called "Back to the Future". Unfortunately they don't come in a size to fit a TW125bttf-flux-capacitor.png
    Ken and PlacerLode like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Just a bit of a joke. The Flux Capacitor was core of a time travel machine from a Hollywood movie called "Back to the Future". Unfortunately they don't come in a size to fit a TW125bttf-flux-capacitor.png
    Ahhh hahahaha yeah I got now the joke, in Italian is called differently ^^

But seriously now, what's the purpose of that damn thing in the speedometer of the TW125?

It reports all your travels and speeds to the federal government at the FBI and CIA. The FBI monitors everyone in the states and the CIA monitors everyone outside the national borders.
    Ken and JerseyJeeper like this.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    It reports all your travels and speeds to the federal government at the FBI and CIA. The FBI monitors everyone in the states and the CIA monitors everyone outside the national borders.
    Well if that's the purpose it is failing since that's just a speedometer connected to nothing hahaha
    Seriously tho seems that noone know the function of that thing, I am so curious about, but wherever I read I see no clues or infos about that thing
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

If it is a mechanical tachometer it functions not unlike your speedometer, only it reports engine revolutions rather than tire revolutions which then becomes an analog for vehicle speed.
    Basically a rotating drive feeds into the back of the tach and spins a magnet inducing eddy field in the aluminum disc. In a speedo the part referred to I believe is called the "Speed Cup".

Without a better picture can't tell if you have a more modern impulse tachometer. If so then it functions a little differently: "Two pairs of connections were required, one pair for the supply leads and the other for the pulse pick-up leads. The pulse leads were, in fact, one continuous wire with a loop (forming the primary winding of a transformer) taken around a soft iron core projecting from the rear of the tachometer casing. The advantages of this type of signal pick-up were that there was no break in the ignition wiring, so a break in the tachometer circuit would not affect the ignition; and that there is no direct electrical connection to the ignition from the tachometer circuit.

The secondary of the transformer, inside the tachometer case, was connected to a printed circuit that applied current pulses, originating from the distributor and therefore at a frequency depending on engine speed, to the indicating meter. The internal circuit was fed from the supply leads, one of which was taken to one of the vehicle's existing switched and fused circuits running back to the battery, the other to earth (ground). Of the pulse leads, one was taken to the contact breaker (C terminal on the ignition coil, the other to the contact breaker (side) terminal on the distributor. The previously existing CB to distributor wiring was discarded. Note, however, that modern ignition coils, the SW and CB connections are marked' -' and' +' for positive earth systems and '+' and '-' for negative earth systems"
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links