Front Forks View
Close

Hey Guys and Gals:

Came across this really nice view of the inner workings of the front Forks and figured I should share:

What have people experimented with so far?

I know fork oil volume, and some shims.....

3-8-500 by Richard Todd Giordanella, on Flickr
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by R-T-G View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals:

Came across this really nice view of the inner workings of the front Forks and figured I should share:

Nice. Thanks.

Hey Guys and Gals:

Find the postings from Lrzdbrth, read them carefully, and then follow them faithfully. Particularly the information about setting the "sag" on the front and the oil height. His advice will help you maximize the capabilities of the stock forks before embarking on grand adventures and new equipment. I've had great luck with preload, oil height as specified, and a bit lighter weight oil. Bike stays firmly planted, with plenty of "cush", and other than my stupidity, never bottoms.
    Huntsville, Alabama - Have TW, Will Ride! All White 09 TW, D2Moto Pegs, Bridgestone 302 front tire, 2" higher bars, 3/4" fork preload spacer, 5wt Honda fork oil, 135mm fork oil level, exhaust tip mod, 2.5 turns out fuel mixture, 0.060 in needle shims, 130 main jet, 14/47 sprockets, 20w-50 Valvoline MC full synthetic oil, ImmixRacing rear rack, Bilt Bag on Rack, 1" front fender spacers, Battery Tender connections on new battery (installed 12/11), Coleman ATV seat cushion, 2 Agri Supply tool tubes, 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle, auxiliary 6 LED tail light, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb, 2357 turn signals, and Superbright's 1157 LED Motorcycle Tail Light Bulb with 19 red & 6 white LEDs. Shortened rear turn signals. Bypassed kickstand switch.

Plus a "new to me" 1995 Yamaha Virago XV 750G for Pavement Purposes!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hey Guys and Gals:

Find the postings from Lrzdbrth, read them carefully, and then follow them faithfully. Particularly the information about setting the "sag" on the front and the oil height. His advice will help you maximize the capabilities of the stock forks before embarking on grand adventures and new equipment. I've had great luck with preload, oil height as specified, and a bit lighter weight oil. Bike stays firmly planted, with plenty of "cush", and other than my stupidity, never bottoms.
    Huntsville, Alabama - Have TW, Will Ride! All White 09 TW, D2Moto Pegs, Bridgestone 302 front tire, 2" higher bars, 3/4" fork preload spacer, 5wt Honda fork oil, 135mm fork oil level, exhaust tip mod, 2.5 turns out fuel mixture, 0.060 in needle shims, 130 main jet, 14/47 sprockets, 20w-50 Valvoline MC full synthetic oil, ImmixRacing rear rack, Bilt Bag on Rack, 1" front fender spacers, Battery Tender connections on new battery (installed 12/11), Coleman ATV seat cushion, 2 Agri Supply tool tubes, 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle, auxiliary 6 LED tail light, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb, 2357 turn signals, and Superbright's 1157 LED Motorcycle Tail Light Bulb with 19 red & 6 white LEDs. Shortened rear turn signals. Bypassed kickstand switch.

Plus a "new to me" 1995 Yamaha Virago XV 750G for Pavement Purposes!!

Sponosred Links