• 1 Post By msmiller
  • 3 Post By smthng
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By msmiller
  • 1 Post By jbfla
  • 2 Post By msmiller

Thread: Pro Cycle 2001 carb rebuild kit

Pro Cycle 2001 carb rebuild kit

Anyone get use the carb rebuild kit for ‘01 and higher TW? It comes with a small oring that does not show a place for it on the Yamaha 2001 supplement pdf Im trying to rebuild this car off of. However pro cycles discription of the kit it list the oring along with the needle valve. Does anyone know where the oring goes? Thank you for your time.

Valve seat set #14 according to the pic isn't it?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Valve seat set #14 according to the pic isn't it?
    The valve seat set came assembled with its own oring. This is a smaller oring and from the first pic from pro cycles site is list the oring as going with the float needle. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Then I would say it goes on #13, the needle valve.
    Quote Originally Posted by msmiller View Post
    The valve seat set came assembled with its own oring. This is a smaller oring and from the first pic from pro cycles site is list the oring as going with the float needle. Thanks

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I literally have my '03 carb bits sprawled out in front of me... the only other O-ring that I can find or remember is the one that goes on the end of the pilot screw. The pilot screw "stack" from bottom to top is screw - spring - washer - o-ring. It's in the second picture of this post ( the sideways picture ).
    littletommy, msmiller and jbfla like this.

I would think it should go on the needle valve seat in the sideways picture, unless it looks smaller than that. If it is, you may be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by smthng View Post
    I literally have my '03 carb bits sprawled out in front of me... the only other O-ring that I can find or remember is the one that goes on the end of the pilot screw. The pilot screw "stack" from bottom to top is screw - spring - washer - o-ring. It's in the second picture of this post ( the sideways picture ).
    msmiller likes this.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! that’s it. I guess the pdf file I’m using is incorrect. It does not show the spring or washer or o-ring. Maybe that is why the pilot screw tip is just sticking out of its hole into the carb barrel.

littletommy likes this.

Sorry, thought my response in my post #6 above was to msmiller. I wasn't paying attention.

Thanks for the help smthng!
    Last edited by littletommy; 02-08-2018 at 10:10 PM.

I believe Pro Cycle's description is wrong or misleading.

As smthng suggests, the tiny o-ring goes on the pilot screw.

Thanks for linking the photo....looks like I need to fix the photo orientation.

jb

EDIT: photo is fixed.. .thanks LT.
    Last edited by jbfla; 02-08-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    littletommy likes this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
    I believe Pro Cycle's description is wrong or misleading.

As smthng suggests, the tiny o-ring goes on the pilot screw.

Thanks for linking the photo....looks like I need to fix the photo orientation.

jb
    I agree jbfla I think they are getting the needle names mixed up. At least they mention the o-ring which got me thinking something is wrong. There’s a lot of pieces when you have your old parts, rebuild kit and jet kit. I had disregarded the pilot screw spring as “extra” thankful for this place hope to share a short video of me firing it up this weekend. This is what my TW looked like after doing a lot of work on it. New steering bearings, fork boots, clutch pack, throttle cable, new tires self mounted, new chain and sprockets, new outer shaft bearings and seal. That was September 2016 I should have cracked the case and found the chain guides worn but time and money didn’t allow. Here’s what the piston top looked like when it died in March 2017. IMG_5282.JPGIMG_2935.JPG

littletommy and jbfla like this.

Sponosred Links