††††
††††
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By DougDotyTW200
  • 1 Post By DougDotyTW200
  • 3 Post By jbfla

Thread: Carb rubber plugs needed?

Carb rubber plugs needed?

Rebuilt TK Ď09 carb installed iní13 used replacement engine took all weekend to get to turn it over started first try but I mis-installed the return spring so I pulled the carb measured the float bowl and realized I did not get a replacement rubber plug for inside next to main jet and the plug for the the one on the outside for the pilot screw. Are they needed? I know that is a loaded ? they put them there for a reason. Do I need the in place for final tuning?
    https://marksmiller.smugmug.com/Othe...hots/i-xWM4J4m

Got the return spring in correct place. Lesson learned donít remove the cam actuator where the throttle cables attach. Was easier for me to remove the carb to get the spring correct I had forgot to measure the float height anyways. Took a couple of pics showing return spring in correct position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by msmiller; 02-12-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Pilot screw plug #32 is certainly not needed. It is actually a metal anti tamper plug that we all remove anyway. The other plug you refer to is #21 and I do not have a definitive answer. I worked on a Bing or a westerbeke carb a few months ago and it had very similar rubber plug and it was needed for sure based on some research. it was solid though and this one looks to possibly have a hollow middle. Have you figured out anything more ??

P.S. can everyone guys see these pictures the way i am doing it ??

msmiller and Heli-Mech like this.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by DougDotyTW200 View Post
    Pilot screw plug #32 is certainly not needed. It is actually a metal anti tamper plug that we all remove anyway. The other plug you refer to is #21 and I do not have a definitive answer. I worked on a Bing or a westerbeke carb a few months ago and it had very similar rubber plug and it was needed for sure based on some research. it was solid though and this one looks to possibly have a hollow middle. Have you figured out anything more ??

P.S. can everyone guys see these pictures the way i am doing it ??

Yes I can see the pictures Thank you! i have been taken screen shots of parts diagrams after figuring out the pdf manual is was using is wrong. Didnít figure out anything going to order the plugs end of the week. That way if the carb gives me trouble the #21 wonít be in question. Bike starts runs, wonít idle but I have yet to start to tune. The pro cycle jet kit I bought has crazy #ís. Went with their recommendation of #125 main jet and #34 pilot jet. It started first try. Thing is I was trying to move away from stock to more rich heard it makes the bike run cooler. The pro cycle (moose racing) kit doesnít match the same #ís from my research on here. So Iím not sure if Iím still in a lean setup. Itíll all work out in time. Thanks for your help

Bike tonight after fixing throttle and installing exhaust. Only raining it for a few seconds

http://marksmiller.smugmug.com/Other...hots/i-35pcgV3

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That #21 plug may just be necessary to make it draw fuel through the idle circuit rather than air from the top of the bowl above the fuel level. I am almost positive that on that westerbeke generator carb I done a while back that, that was the case after researching it.
    littletommy likes this.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

The internal rubber plug (#21) is necessary for the bike to run properly.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
    The internal rubber plug (#21) is necessary for the bike to run properly.

jb
    Thank you jbfla! That will save me time, frustration and four letter words. Well get it ordered so I can fine tune it. Got it completely together tonight and took it for a test ride. Adjusting Idle screw took care of not idling. Runs and stays running but lacking crispness and back fires a little when let of the throttle. Not going to mess with it until I get the #21. All in all Iím happy this is my first carb rebuild that worked thankful for giving it a try. Going to ride it to work tomorrow itís only 3 miles but the bike makes the ride fun and cheap. Going to email pro cycle to see if there recommend jets are wetter then stock or the same lean state. So I might be changing jets again. Thank for all the

Sponosred Links