All around f*cked
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All around f*cked

Angry All around f*cked

So I bought this bike 2 months ago. Here are my initial problems and link to forum https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...tml#post817962

In a nut shell, these are the initial problems
    I bought a 2011 TW200 last week, when I bought it everything was fine to the best of my knowledge at the time. Shortly after buying it I was racing around on the bike, launched a start with a friend. I hit 3rd and I did the bike slowed the acceleration and started making a clicking noise from the engine. I pulled over and shut it off, checked my oil and everything. Tried to start it back up. It didn't start for athe first few times. It started after a minute with the same noise. Having a dead phone and that is was 22:00, I opted to ride home with the clicking. On the ride home, the bike struggled to hold the speed limit of 45mph. Espescially on uphills. It felt very underpowered and no where near as peppy. I was either at a high rpm with the throttle wide open or on a downhill in a higher gear. At times during the ride, I could hold it a differnt speeds and rpms for a short while to get ticking to quiet. The next day, I checked the filter for metal shavings and found a good amount of shining silver shavings. I started the bike and it struggled to idle without me giving throttle. Also when it started with the clutch pull in, it started to pull forward. Giving me the idea that the clutch was shot, honestly probably due to the fact that I am a newer rider. I rode it around the block and went to u-turn when the bike died and would not start. I even tried to bump 3 times it at 15-20 in 2nd but it would run. So i walked it home and it hasn't run since. Also while on the test ride, I confirmed my fact that the gears were shot. Barely shifts, you have to yank on it a couple times to get it to shift anyway. To my knowledge it shifted fine when I bought it and believe it was my ignorant ass that screwed it.

Part 1
    Since then, I found the valve pin adjust snapped in half. Both sides of pin and locknut were in top of valve and didn't appear to be ground up. That said, I don't think the clutch could go from solid click shift to not working in a matter of an hour unless something was jamming it. I changed the ceramic plates in the clutch because they were burned, steel plates looked good so I didn't replace it. During this, while losening the center nut attached to the 2nd pushrod, which holds down the center of the clutch boss. I stripped the nut, all fine and good I got it off. But, that pushrod not wobbles in the clutch boss. Not sure if it did it before or not, just something I noticed and mechanical things don't tend to wobble unless they are broke. (ecxcept push rods) but this side of the rod had to nuts on it, which usually indicates it should be still. After putting the new plates in, pouring all my oil on the ground, putting more oil in. The bike went into 2,3,4th without a problem. Now it has switched and will only go into first.

Part 2 of this hunk of crap
    It also idles like shit. If I let it set for like 20 minutes, it will start right up and either idle perfectly or I have to hold the throttle or it will die.

A:idle perfectly
    If it idles perfectly, any throttle will bog hard and die

B: hold the throttle or it will die
    Let off throttle cuts immediately

The only change i made that I remember was turning the throttle idle speed up when I have to hold the throttle. Yes, when I turn the idle speed up it cut out idle completely. Please keep it mind it only did each of these once. Usually it, cranks, fires 3-5 times and dies.

I have cleaned the carburetor 3 or 4 times, adjusted pilot jet, bent float, fixed float, attempted to get the pin out, failed though I was pushing pin out in proper direction, sprayed carb cleaner on and through everything, including myself, adjusted throttle, adjusted air fuel ratio like 13 times, opened float bowl drain and fuel spews out, opened air box sprayed starter fluid through there, put directly into carb, put directly into intake, nothing changes a thing, brand new spark plug, tried with air box on and off, no change, choke in out and medium, tends to run best fully pulled out, put another fuel in honestly Idk how new, tightened up clamp between carb and intake. Timing is good I think, triple checked it everythings lined up. Rubber on suction piston assy and diaphram assy are it good condition, all jets appear clear beside one belown float heigh adjusted, which i couldn't access because of the pin. Only thing I haven't checked are vacuum seals.

If I did anythting wrong lmk
    Last edited by Kevinophoto; 02-27-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Help will be along soon. (I don't have experience, myself, with these bikes, yet.)
    littletommy likes this.
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
    --Henry Ford

It's broke, throw it away.
    Kevinophoto likes this.
    Phelonius

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well this story settles it for me. I am buying new.
    Sorry for your experience, but thanks for the info.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk
    Kevinophoto likes this.

It would be interesting to try another carburetor. But, short of that, it seems to me your problem is still carb related. How does the carb to head "manifold" look? If you have a leak there all sorts of hell can ensue.

I always soak my carbs in carb cleaner. Some guys here like the Horrible Fright ultrasonic cleaners. I don't. You may not have it clean enough, yet.

PLUS! You are in Hawaii. TWs do not seem to like high humidity. Check your air box and air filter. Clean your spark plug.

Electrical systems seem to either work or not. But, I would take a look at every electrical connection you can. Yes, pull them apart and check for corrosion. Bad grounds can cause intermittent running problems. Look at the CDI and make sure it is screwed down tight with no rust or corrosion.

Or, sent me a plane ticket and provide lodging and I will come over and work on it for a week or two. Montana is a little chilly right now.

You live on the wrong island. When I lived on the big island my 2009 TW ran beautifully. Up the mountain, down to the beaches,
    But then I lived in the cold frozen north of the Island in Hawi, up where Kamehameha was born.
    Kevinophoto and Tweaker like this.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    You live on the wrong island. When I lived on the big island my 2009 TW ran beautifully. Up the mountain, down to the beaches,
    But then I lived in the cold frozen north of the Island in Hawi, up where Kamehameha was born.
    For real? I lived in Hawi for 10 months when I was 11

Quote Originally Posted by fishguy View Post
    Or, sent me a plane ticket and provide lodging and I will come over and work on it for a week or two. Montana is a little chilly right now.
    I live at the beach, have 3 horses including my broken TW the others eat grass, we have a spare room but you gotta buy you plane ticket.
    PlacerLode and Dryden-Tdub like this.

My 2001 TW200 was stalling and didn't want to run and had low power. A small engine mechanic said to me make sure the air filter is oiled and that fix it (stock air box with hand-made filter).
    2001 TW200 30km/18k miles

rear fender eliminator kit
    round headlight
    custom front fender
    Super Trapp exhaust
    aftermarket chain
    USB charger
    custom paint
    rebuilt front shocks and gear box Hidden Content

Front Disc and a Kickstart Hidden Content

the carb stuff is easy to fix / learn if I was there I could show you the easy way to refresh carbs and remove the float pin easily. I'm scheduled to fly out to Oahu Friday morning for my birthday week which I schedule (ie buy plane tickets etc) and then cancel at the last minute every year and probably will cancel tomorrow as well theres just too much business to attend to right now.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links