TW200 won't fire.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: TW200 won't fire.

TW200 won't fire.

I replace the Carburetor, fuel filter, Air filter, cleaned the fuel tank, replaced the fuel lines. have good fuel flow from the vacuum operated fuel pump. It fires and ran for a minute. Now it has no spark. I cleaned the plug. Not even a weak spark. I held it and grounded myself and usually it will be so strong it will hurt . Nothing now, I looked at the fuse. Still nothing. Any thoughts???? Please help
    littletommy and Ken like this.

Have you recently changed the front sprocket ?

Welcome to the madness ....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

No, the drive train is all good.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

For the record, let’s try not confuse things – the fuel feed is gravity feed on the TW

Best advice at this point is to trace the wires from the generator on the left end on the crank, up to the CDI, and follow through to the coil and plug connections

Do you still have power to the rest of the electrics – headlight/tail light/brake light/ neutral light etc ?

Are you aware of the safety cut-outs on the bike ?

Side stand/ clutch / neutral etc ?

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

With a green light showing, the bike should fire up as long as the kill switch is in the correct position

With the bike in gear, the side stand must be up, and the clutch lever engaged (pulled in) before it will fire ….
    littletommy, Ken and Fred like this.

- Hidden Content

i had bad kickstand switch took awhile to figure out

Welcome to the forum!!
    Ken likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Perhaps Kidatheart is more clever in a subtle way than we give him credit for. After all it is vacuum that does pull the fuel from the float bowl through the various jets and orifices and thus one could infer a vacuum operated fuel pump for this and every other carburetor in the world. However my first reaction was also "What? Is he talking about a TW200?".

I would suggest OP reads some of the electrical diagnostic threads and then seek specific clarification if unsure about any item in the vast wealth of information on this forum regarding a no spark situation in a TW200. Remember a well answered response depends on a well formulated unambiguous question so we can focus in on specific help for a specific problem since the subject is so very broad.
    I urge everyone to always test their assumptions. For example just cleaning a plug does not guarantee anything, you are left with an assumption that it is a functioning plug that has not really been demonstrated. Could that plug generate a spark in another device like a lawn mower? Could a different plug like the lawnmower's generate a spark in the TW? Could a spark be generated by bypassing the spark plug entirely? Which fuse was looked at? The spare unused fuse is located right next to the one in service. etc, etc, etc.

We can help, we just need good input.
    Mel, littletommy and Ken like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks for the comments. Ok I don't think we are speaking about what I am working on.. I am taking about a Trail Wagon TW200 4x2 farm wagon. Not a bike, No kick stand. Yes it does use a vacume operated fuel pump. NO Spark is the problem. Its in the wiring I am sure I just was hoping someone had had the same issues.
    Cornelis likes this.

Google shows you have a side by side ,while this site is about a Yamaha dirt bike .I am sure after every bodies initial laughter at the mix up ,there will be several of us to lend a hand .Can you take a picture or two of the engine for us ? It will help to figure out what you are working with .
    Ken likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links