Kickstarter conversion
Close
††††
††††
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Kickstarter conversion

Kickstarter conversion

I mostly ride in the forest alone. My wife convinced me to get a PLIB for her peace of mind and my safety. I did.

Now, for my peace of mind, I want to add a kickstarter to my otherwise perfect bike.

After reading multiple threads about sources for the parts/kits, I canít find any source that has all needed parts in stock, ready to ship except TW-Parts.com in Germany.

The price including shipping seems reasonable.

Can anyone who has experience with this company vouch for them?

Thanks...

He's a trustworthy member here on the forum. His name is Sebastian. He knows his TW's. He will have what you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjmay View Post
    I mostly ride in the forest alone. My wife convinced me to get a PLIB for her peace of mind and my safety. I did.

Now, for my peace of mind, I want to add a kickstarter to my otherwise perfect bike.

After reading multiple threads about sources for the parts/kits, I canít find any source that has all needed parts in stock, ready to ship except TW-Parts.com in Germany.

The price including shipping seems reasonable.

Can anyone who has experience with this company vouch for them?

Thanks...
    Heli-Mech, Miaugi and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanx LT,

Thatís what I needed to hear.

Do you know of anyone who has received the kickstarter kit being offered by them?

TJ
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I remember reading recently of a member who complimented Sebastian on his kickstarter delivery, but I don't remember who that was...

Sebastian's rock solid dependable though.
    Dryden-Tdub and PlacerLode like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

I just recently ordered everything needed for the install from boats.net. I know there are other places, but they worked out fine. I have gotten all my carb parts and other assorted items from them as well with no regrets. TWBrian helped with info. I have attached several links to the forum that Iíve saved regarding Kickstarter parts and installation. Boats.net shipped everything fairly quickly, even the items that were temporarily out of stock. Cost was around $250.00. The whole process was very very simple and easily done. Iíd say the most difficult part was cleaning off the old gasket material. To hold the clutch assembly I used a hole saw and cut a hole in a scrap of aluminum plate I had laying around and drilled four holes to line up with the clutch. When bolted to the clutch it provided a safe way to hold it for removal and to torque it down while reassembling. Very easy.
    I hope this helps. Iím happy I installed it.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...%92s-true.html
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...tall-info.html
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...ghts-tips.html
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...ictures-2.html
    1972 Yamaha DT 175, 1974 Kawasaki 125, 1976 Suzuki TM 250, 1979 Yamaha 750, 1977 Husquvarna 360, 1979 Husquvarna 250, (2) 1980 Suzuki RM 400ís, 1971 Husquvarna 400, 1983 Honda V65 Magna, 1987 Suzuki 230 Quad, 1987 TW200, 1990 TW200, 1996 Honda XR 650, 1998 Yamaha 300 King Quad, 2000 Harley Davidson Heritage, 2006 Kawasaki KLX 250s, 2007 Arctic Cat 650 Quad, 2010 Polaris Sportsman 850 Quad, 2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660 Quad, 2002 TW200, 1995 TW200, 2008 TW200, 2016 TW200.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastone165 View Post
    I just recently ordered everything needed for the install from boats.net. I know there are other places, but they worked out fine. I have gotten all my carb parts and other assorted items from them as well with no regrets. TWBrian helped with info. I have attached several links to the forum that Iíve saved regarding Kickstarter parts and installation. Boats.net shipped everything fairly quickly, even the items that were temporarily out of stock. Cost was around $250.00. The whole process was very very simple and easily done. Iíd say the most difficult part was cleaning off the old gasket material. To hold the clutch assembly I used a hole saw and cut a hole in a scrap of aluminum plate I had laying around and drilled four holes to line up with the clutch. When bolted to the clutch it provided a safe way to hold it for removal and to torque it down while reassembling. Very easy.
    I hope this helps. Iím happy I installed it.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...%92s-true.html
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...tall-info.html
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...ghts-tips.html
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...ictures-2.html
    Thats where I got my kickstarter parts also.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

Although not in my immediate plans I may do this addition at some point down the road.
    Gulfrider likes this.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

I received all the parts ordered to install my kickstart yesterday.

Iíve read every thread and think I understand the process but since I ordered the parts individually and not a kit, the subassembly did not come preassembled, I would really like to see the instructuons that come with a kit.

Does anyone have these instructuons, perhaps in a pdf, that could be sent to me?

Thanks in advance for all of the help you guys are so willing to provide...
    Trail Woman likes this.

I found some information in another thread that helped me understand the sequence for building the subassembly.

The large washer shown in the first image is clearly concave yet the washer I received is flat as shown in the second image.

Could someone confirm for me that the flat washer is ok?

Concave.JPG

Flat.JPG
    PlacerLode likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjmay View Post
    I found some information in another thread that helped me understand the sequence for building the subassembly.

The large washer shown in the first image is clearly concave yet the washer I received is flat as shown in the second image.

Could someone confirm for me that the flat washer is ok?

Concave.JPG

Flat.JPG
    Yes, that flat washer is okay.

That top picture is of a well used kicker. That concave washer started out as a flat washer.

Brian
    Last edited by TW-Brian; 03-30-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links