Race tech emulators
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Race tech emulators

Race tech emulators

So I purchased the front fork spring and emulator upgrade from Procycle. I go to the Race tech website and the TW is NOT listed so there is NO information on how to set it up??? the kit fits the shock but no information. So its kinda BS that Procycle sells the kit but does not provide any set up info. I called then and even thou they have sold quite a few kits they have never had anyone mention that TW is not supported by Procycle. I emailed Race Tech and they sent me a place to start but not specific to my riding style, weight or what ever.

What has others of you Tdub'ers that put in the emulators done for the set up?

thanks

Dman
    Ken and Badgerflorida like this.
    DMAN

TW200D

HODAKAS, 950 KTM ADV, YAMAHAS

"EVERY SOLUTION IS THE SEED OF THE NEXT PROBLEM"

YOU CAN HAVE IT GOOD, FAST, OR CHEAP = PICK 2

IF ITS GOOD AND FAST, ITS NOT CHEAP. IF ITS GOOD AND CHEAP ITS NOT FAST, IF ITS FAST AND CHEAP , ITS NOT GOOD.

I haven't put them on my TW but have on my triumph. Call racetech direct and ask for tech support. They are very helpful there. The numbers the tech gave me were different from their website. He got me dialed pretty good from the get go.
    1999 Yamaha TW 200
    2003 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM
    2004 Triumph Sprint ST

Have you read the tuning guide? Emulator Tuning Guide

the reason i ask is i personally have not seen any setup guide for any specific bike for these. They are basically universal for any bike that they fit. when i did mine i had to do a lot of testing and tuning to get them where i wanted them. It was worth the effort. Put them in, ride it and make adjustments based off the guide and what you are feeling. I don't think there is any magic pill for settings given that every rider is different.
    chaco and Badgerflorida like this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

When I installed my FEGV3301, I left them as they came. I weigh 200, but I'm a gentle rider, so that seemed good. Unfortunately, yesterday 5 miles south of town leaving on my 10 day trip to Death Valley where I was going to really learn how they performed, I was sideswiped by an SUV while trying to pass, lost control of the Tundra with my 2018 with 175 miles on the clock on the transverse hitch, rolled twice down a 50 foot embankment at 60 mph, and spread parts and pieces of camp trailer, truck and TW over half an acre....all three a total loss. I got a sore shoulder.

Therefore it will be quite a few months before I can give much more input. I did talk to Race Tech, and was advised to start at the factory setting. I put 130 mm of 10 weight in there and checked that the unladen sag and rider sag were good. On the very few rough miles I was able to test over the winter it felt good. The stock setting is three turns in on the silver springs.

Make sure you have the correct install directions: http://www.racetech.com/download/Ins...GV%20S3301.pdf

The 3301 is actually listed as a street/race emulator. MY best advice is if you are around 200 lbs. try them as is. At around 230 I would add one turn for 4 turns total.....above that you may think about going to stiffer springs on the emulator.
    There is no one guide for everybody because our riding styles are so different. I removed exactly the width of the emulators from the steel spacers.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Wow Rocky that is terrible news. Glad to hear you are Ok and hope you get everything replaced without too many hassles! I guess the only bright side is it could have been much worse.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Totaled everything!!?? Wow Rocky, that's terrible bro... Super glad you are ok!!
    Badgerflorida and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Glad you’re ok. Airbags and all? Did the knucklehead stop to help?

I did the yellow spring based on feedback from members here as I was looking for help with city potholes. 175 lbs. No feedback yet as it is not riding season for me yet.
    littletommy likes this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Rocket J.; I take it you have other transportation and family or friends up there to assist when you need to pick up replacement vehicles - yes?
    littletommy and Badgerflorida like this.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Rocky, that sucks, but I'm glad you are okay. Hang in there!

Okay, now to un-hijack the OP's thread... Dman, yeah, unfortunately the TW is not supported, and we just have to wing it. But really, setting up suspension and doing this job is kind of a custom deal that's going to take some work. It's not really "plug-n-play", it is actually a involved project, but it's totally worth it. Best mod for the TW, IMHO.

What do you need to know exactly? Everything, or just the emulator settings people are using? Have you already disassembled your forks and drilled out your damper rods?
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by old w/?? View Post
    Rocket J.; I take it you have other transportation and family or friends up there to assist when you need to pick up replacement vehicles - yes?
    Yes, since it happened only 30 miles from home. Replacing everything will take some time, I had spent three weeks farkling the new 2018 to my exact desires learned over 8 years of riding the 2010....at least it is all fresh in my mind. The truck will be easier and the Aliner may be harder to find, they are not a high volume RV.

Badger, yes, the nice (but stupid) lady, who also ended up in the sage 50 yards away after a wild but straight ride down the same embankment was kind enough to take me and what we could immediately salvage right to my doorstep! She could drive her SUV out under it's own power. (!) I am going down to the debris field today to see what else we can find that isn't destroyed.

Thanks to all for you sympathies, I am very very lucky not to be in ICU or the morgue after such a violent crash. There are many other places in that stretch that have a boulder or lava field at the bottom of the embankment.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links