First TW200 - Idle Problem
Close

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and new to having a TW200! I am pumped about having it. It is a 2006 with 5,130 miles on it and I bought it for 1000. I bought it and the owner was trying to start it for about 30 minutes with REALLY old gas in it. He was clueless, but so am I HA. Anyway, I took out the old gas and put in new gas and it started eventually with the choke on and ran loud and powerfully. Then when I would take off the choke, it would run for a bit and then die. If I gave it gas after the choke was turned off, it would run at a little throttle but too high and it would die. I went and got some Sea Foam and put that in the gas and I ran the bike and slowly increased the throttle till it suddenly broke loose and would rev up high and strong. The problem now is that the bike won't idle. I rode it around and it runs and shifts pretty darn smooth, but if I let the gas all the way off, it will die. What needs to be done? Obviously, the carb may need to be better cleaned, but i was wondering if maybe the idle should be adjusted? I don't know.

Any advice, please give it VERY simply ha!

Thanks guys! Can't wait to start having fun with this bike and talking with y'all! (I'm from Texas HA)

It is time to clean and refresh your carb. Check the forum and the owner's manual for more information on how to do this. It isn't that tough. A carb that has been sitting with old gas in it needs a good cleaning. I would also clean the tank and put in a fuel filter.

Enjoy the TW, it is an awesome bike.

Welcome. You might as well go ahead and clean that carb. Do it, and do it right. That way you'll know for sure what kind of adjustments you need without complicating it with a dirty carb. Change the oil and filter too, and use synthetic. There are sticky's that make these little chores a snap. Read them a couple of times before you start. There is also a complete shop manual posted in the tech section.

Where in Texas are you?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Awesome! Thank you guys for your help. I know how noobs can be getting in forums and posting questions that have been answered 1000 times. And I am in central texas, Waco. That is why I got the bike so cheap. There isn't anywhere mountainous or to adventurous around here, but I'll use it for commuting at the least!

I'm just about 50 miles north. All the land around here is fenced. Let me know when you get it running.

Sponosred Links