ttr225 motor in a tw?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have a ttr225 and was wondering if anyone had ever swapped one into a tw. 30ccs and a sixth gear would be nice. Thanks stan

Quote Originally Posted by stan y View Post
    I have a ttr225 and was wondering if anyone had ever swapped one into a tw. 30ccs and a sixth gear would be nice. Thanks stan

I don't know about bolting in the TTR engine, but Ronny was able to up the displacement of the TW engine to a 250 and also added a 6th gear.

This thread should interest you.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__hl__ronnydog
    -Szj

2001 TW

Wow! I've got everything but the money to do that....lol....stan

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That would make an almost perfect bike better.

Qwerty thought

"I'm thinking a combination of TTR230 and TW parts. According to the Japanese Tdubbers, the TW countershaft can be ground to accept the TTR 6-speed and clutch as otherwise bolt-in mods. I've looked at the TTR ratios and they look very good. xr100.com used to do a 250cc bore TTR engine that dynoed 28hp. Use the xr100.com head, cylinder, cam, carb, and exhaust with one of Sebastian's stroker cranks and assorted goodies like a 520 chain conversion, and you'd have the ultimate TW in the stock cases so the numbers match when you get stopped for being a holigan."

I know somebody with a ttr crank in a tw motor...something like 230cc's
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

I'm building a TTR motor for my TW as we speak. Perfectly doable, but you'll need to split the cases on both motors and install the TW trans and output shaft. This will basically render your old TW motor a transmission-less doorstop, but no way around it. You gotta have a TW output shaft and 5-speed, or have a machinist in your pocket who can modify your TW output shaft for the six speed.

Transfer the TW flywheel, left side cover and electricals to the TTR motor. You can keep the bigger TTR clutch and right side cover, but if you want a kickstarter you'll need the TW kicker parts and an XT225 right side cover.

Your existing TW carb and maifold will bolt right onto the TTR. All the heads are essentially the same. Same valves, same exhaust and intake flanges.

The TTR Mikuni won't fit into a TW frame without some frame grinding. It will be a tight fit but you wanted to use it I'd mount it to your stock TW motor while it's still in the frame and make careful notes about what areas need clearancing. Do the grinding once the motor is out. The you'll have to figure out a way to adapt the airbox boot to accept the much larger Mikuni inlet mouth.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    I'm building a TTR motor for my TW as we speak. Perfectly doable, but you'll need to split the cases on both motors and install the TW trans and output shaft. This will basically render your old TW motor a transmission-less doorstop, but no way around it. You gotta have a TW output shaft and 5-speed, or have a machinist in your pocket who can modify your output shaft for the six speed.

Transfer the TW flywheel, left side cover and electricals to the TTR motor. You can keep the bigger TTR clutch and right side cover, but if you want a kickstarter you'll need the TW kicker parts and an XT225 right side cover.

Your existing TW carb and maifold will bolt right onto the TTR. All the heads are essentially the same. Same valves, same exhaust and intake flanges.

The TTR Mikuni won't fit into a TW frame without some frame grinding. It will be a tight fit but you wanted to use it I'd mount it to your stock TW motor while it's still in the frame and make careful notes about what areas need clearancing. Do the grinding once the motor is out. The you'll have to figure out a way to adapt the airbox boot to accept the much larger Mikuni inlet mouth.

PIC'S ??????

Ronnydog

Troublemaker. I don't want the guy with the pink motor to see how I got the extra 2 cc's.

Make yourself useful. Kenfyoozed could use some advice:

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...ngine-builder/

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I just finished a TW 230. 71mmx58mm

Ronnydog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links