Bought the manuals for my '94
Close

Just thought I'd mention that I just received the manuals I ordered for my TW. This just adds to the "forest" worth of paper manuals that when I'm dead and someone cleans the house out it will be "what's with all these old books".

Anyway- it's some kind of print to order kinda deal and all in all not bad. It's nice to have the owners manual and the service looks like it will be a help. Oh Yeah, $110.00 delivered for the both. OM
    "It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK

1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Just thought I'd mention that I just received the manuals I ordered for my TW. This just adds to the "forest" worth of paper manuals that when I'm dead and someone cleans the house out it will be "what's with all these old books".

Anyway- it's some kind of print to order kinda deal and all in all not bad. It's nice to have the owners manual and the service looks like it will be a help. Oh Yeah, $110.00 delivered for the both. OM

Hmmm, you didn't like the free download one?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post

Were these factory made manuals or did someone re-print and bind them? How do they look?

I get tired of walking back and forth from my computer to the garage when working on stuff and would really like to have hard copy manuals.

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Old White Truck

Here is what I did

I used the books in the house and print out what I need for the garage. That way when they get all greasy I just chuck them.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Quote Originally Posted by biglefti View Post
    Hmmm, you didn't like the free download one?
    Being a believer in the "no free lunch" theory...my searching around made me think that this would work out better in the long IP run. Besides that, it's kinda a "pride of ownership" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Old White Truck View Post
    Were these factory made manuals or did someone re-print and bind them? How do they look?

I get tired of walking back and forth from my computer to the garage when working on stuff and would really like to have hard copy manuals.

Thanks
    For the most part they are fine. They were ordered off the Yamaha web site so completely authorized. I have a feeling it's like Yamaha got out of the printing business and handed it off to Crestec (Yamaha publication fulfillment. Some of the pictures have a bit of a fuzz but then again- so do I.

Quote Originally Posted by n2o2diver View Post
    Old White Truck

Here is what I did

I used the books in the house and print out what I need for the garage. That way when they get all greasy I just chuck them.
    I'll photocopy pages and use them in a repair if I think the going is going to get messy. I can also check-off steps as I go.

OM
    "It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK

1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,

Being a believer in the "no free lunch" theory...my searching around made me think that this would work out better in the long IP run. Besides that, it's kinda a "pride of ownership" thing.

That's cool, I just keep a copy on my PC and one on my laptop. That way I even have them when I travel. I just bought a used Sonoma to haul the TW around and I was floored by what they are asking for a complete set of service manuals. Around $200 for the printed version, only $15 for an authorized cd version. I got the CD. lol

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I recently found an online seller of printed service manuals, and I got one for the TW. It's just a printed and bound version of the pdfs, both the '87 and the '01 supplemental, but for $20 shipped I thought it was a good deal! This is the second motorcycle manual that I purchased from him. They both shipped in two days out of NY, and were packaged well.

Here is info that I was emailed after my purchase:

Thanks for your order. Your satisfaction is important! I want you to be happy! Money back if not satisfied for ANY reason.

Your manual(s) will be sent out FRIDAY. Please do advise me when it arrives. The manual will be sent via US Mail (Air Mail Parcel Post for all International orders, 7-10 business days for delivery) with Delivery Confirmation, no signature required; please expect 7-10 business days for delivery to take place; if it takes any longer then it’s sitting at your local post office.

If you are completely satisfied with your manual, please do tell your fellow riders/forum members about my list of service manuals available for sale.

In the future, anyone may buy DIRECT to save $. You now have my e-mail address. Thank you and RIDE SAFE.

Sell.com : for sale by cholocholo41 in brooklyn >> paypal, checks, money orders accepted

Discount Service / Shop / Repair Manuals Home Page >> paypal, checks, money orders accepted

Service Shop Repair Manual >> all major credit/debit cards, paypal, checks, money orders accepted

Sincerely,
    [email protected] (primary communication and paypal payee address)
    Last edited by Leisure Time Larry; 01-30-2014 at 10:05 PM.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Hello,
    FWIW, sometimes dealers have owner manual packets left over, which they can let you have for little or nothing, that may relate close enough to your TW model year, along with other manuals in the packet with nifty riding tips I was red-educated on, after 40 years. Of course, owner manuals are not very job specific, they are better than nothing.
    I know you have yours now, so this info may be helpful for those who may be still looking.

Congrats on your purchase and it is always good to have your own hard copy. On the other hand, it is way better to have this forum handy and all the knowledge of the collective membership. We know things here those manuals can only hope to provide. In fact, I am willing to bet that stumped Yamaha mechanics come here to find the tricks we learned and share freely!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links