Turn Signal Wiring
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi. I am new here. Just got a '93 TW in Gainesville, FL yesterday. It runs great, but I'm having problems with getting it road ready. It had some aftermarket turn signals on the back and none on the front when I got it. The back turn signals were mixed up L/R and stayed solid. I got a couple questions about how to wire up some front ones, since I can't seem to find where to plug them up.

Lets start with this: What color wires should I be looking for to plug the new front turn signals into? Since I don't see any obvious plugs I am assuming someone did some splicing, maybe bypassed the flasher relay.

Also, If anyone could point me to a wiring diagram for my year bike I would appreciate. I have seen the new one, but not sure if that is the same.

Thanks.
    1993 TW200

There is a service manual and supplement in the tech section. It's kind of a long download; but worth the trouble. You'll need it for other stuff as you go along.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. Found the manual, gonna try to fix it after work.
    1993 TW200

I have been studying the manual and trying to figure out where to plug in the new front turn signals but am still having trouble.

I looked at the wiring harnesses and noticed some open plugs but am not sure if thats where they go.

I'd appreciate if anybody with experience could look at this pic and tell me if this is the place to plug in my front signals. I got 1 open green, 1 open brown, one open double black, and one open double blue...

1993 TW200

You are right on.

Double blue

Double black

Single green

Single brown

Don't know if brown is right or left or if green is left or right. Plug them in and switch if wrong.

If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Thanks for all your help.

Sorry to say I am still having trouble getting the signals to work. I bought these front and rear aftermarket ones off motorcycle superstore. They stay lit solidly once plugged up and each rear signal appears to get a little brighter when I throw the handlebar switch.

I tried swapping my flasher relay for a generic 12v thermal one from the auto parts store, but it made no difference. There is power on the brown wire going to the flasher relay and once plugged up power to the brown and white wire also. Anyone have any idea why they aren't blinking?
    1993 TW200

Hit all those connections with some WD40. Check to be sure the rears are wired in correctly. Try the black on the blue, and the blue on the black. The wiring diagram gives the colors in two letter codes; ie; black is probably bk, blue is bl or something close. Check your grounds, and power lines. Look for areas where the wires may be pinched together or to the frame.

Hit all those connections with some WD40. Check to be sure the rears are wired in correctly. Try the black on the blue, and the blue on the black. The wiring diagram gives the colors in two letter codes; ie; black is probably bk, blue is bl or something close. Check your grounds, and power lines. Look for areas where the wires may be pinched together or to the frame. I hate electrical stuff on motorcycles. Some times you gotta sit there for and hour and stare at it, and follow each wire beginning to end. You know; just thinking it all through.

The fronts should stay on all the time. They flash with the switch. The rear lights should be off normally and only flash with the switch.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links