TW225 Manuals HELP
Close
    Hello all

I'm from Portugal and newbie on the forum. First of all, greetings to you all.

Im the owner of a 2005 tw 225. I bought the bike 2 years ago with a good number of km/miles on it... But i was in loved for the bike and i could´t resist....

There are not to many here in Portugal... and the 225 model it's really difficult to find on these days.

It seems that its time now to open the engine and put the baby like new again but i don't have any kind of technical manual ( i don't even have the owner's one...) to know all the values and other stuff to do the work with a friend (i really don´t have the skills to do it only by my own...)

So, is there anyone out there with a 225 that as a service manual in PDF format to help me?

Or is it possible to do the work with the xt225 manual? (that i think its more easy to search and get online...)

Thank you all for your help

Best regards from Lisbon

Rui

Let me know if you find a safe download.. I just tried to download the TW125 parts manual from two different sites. One required me to load one of those "Speed up your computer" scams to get the download and the other completely pizzed off my antivirus thingy.

Never had those issues with the 200 downloads posted in te stickies. The info for the 200 should suffice for your teardown, though. Bore and stoke and slightly different valve clearances are the main differences and you can get those from an XT manual.

If anyone has the part number for the rear brake backing plate on a Euro TW125 I'll give you a Barry Manilow album for it.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hi

Thanks for your help. I will try to find a XT 225 service manual in order to find if it is suitable form the work.

Meanwhile, i think you're lucky. Please go to www.mrruim.com/tw (thats my personal portfolio webpage). In www.mrruim.com/tw you will find all the manuals i found so far and one of them is the europe's part catalog for the tw 125. I´m sure you will find what you need.

The only one's that i don't have are the ones that i need....: tw 225 service , parts and owners manual.

Best regards from Lisbon

P.S.: I skip the Barry Manilow album but thanks anyway

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Bem-vindo ao fórum. Postar algumas fotos quando você receber uma chance. I used my translator app for this. They're pretty cool. You're lucky to get a TW225. We don't get them here.

I think we have a few Japanese speakers in here. Maybe they could do a search using a Japanese character keyboard and help you find a download.

Thanks for the 125 fiche. Unfortunately it appears to be for the early bikes with the smaller rear brake but I'll keep digging.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hi mrruim,

respect, you have a real 225? That's great.

I allays thought, there is no 225 in Europe.

Also from me the info:

You can use the newer TW200 service manual for the TW225.

For some special specifications (crankshaft, piston) you can use the XT/TTR 225/230 manual.

The TW225 does have a bigger rear drum brake should also have a longer rear swing arm. For this special facts you can use the manual from the TW125 DE05 (round headlight).

@ lizrdbrth

The complete 125 fiches are direct from Yamaha available.

The website is in German, but it's not hard to work with the site:

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/de/inform...e-katalog.aspx

"Yamaha Ersatzteilkatalog öffnen"

-> "Open Yamaha spare part catalog"

This opens a new site with the "Nutzungsbedingungen" -> "Terms of Service"

"Ich stimme zu" -> "I agree"

"Hubraum" -> "displacement"

"Modell Name" -> "Model Name"

"Modell Jahr" -> "Model Year"

"Suchen" -> "search"

The rest is easy. The pages are in German and English available and downloadable as PDF-file.

Why do you need the parts list from the TW125?

Important, there was a model change.

The TW125 (frame number DE01) does have nearly the same basic like the old TW200, but with a front disk brake.

The TW125 (frame number DE05) is a combination between the TW225 (headlight, bigger rear brake) and the TW200, but without the short rear fender.

If you need the 125 service manual, you can download it from my site http://www.macbig2k1.de.vu

Regards, Sebastian

Thank you Mackbig,

PalmStateCrawler brought up the subject of the big rear brake so I thought I'd finally do one:

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...er-rear-brakes

I'm swapping the 130mm brake drum from the front of the TW to the rear.

I'm told that the late model TW125 has the larger 130mm rear brake, and I think that is the part which TeeWee used for his conversion. A number of other Yamahas use the same brake shoes, and I'm hoping that the brake plate part number from the 125 will cross-reference to another model which shares the same axle hole diameter and brake shoes for a model which is available in the U.S. Sometimes Yamaha uses the same parts on multiple bikes.

I've tried the XT350 brake plate. It will work with a lot of modifications but I'm hoping to find a better fit and something closer to a bolt-on for those in the U.S.

I'd rather not hijack this thread any worse than I already have but if you have any thoughts on this could you post them on PSC's thread?

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Now you have a solution for your brake plate problem.

-> Take a look into the thread. <-

Hello all

Thank you Mackbig for your advice.

There are some Tw 125 in Portugal and some tw225 but these last one's are rare.

I live in Lisbon and for the last 2 years i only saw 3 around here. But i know there are more out there in the country and sometimes one or two 225 show up for sale with values around 1800€/2500€.

Mine is exactly like the one in the picture below.

[img]http://s660.beta.photobucket.com/user/eric3037/media/YAMAHA%20TW225/2003-tw4.jpg.html

http://s660.beta.photobucket.com/use...3-tw5.jpg.html

Another question by the way before opening a new forum post for this issue.

I have the round headlight. My bulb is now broken (only works with the maximum lights).

It has been impossible to find a bulb for the bike and on yamaha retailer they ask me for 50€ for a a bulb (50€!!! that is true)

Does anyone knows a european site where to find that bulb in europe? the bulb is like this:

http://japan.webike.net/products/2179923.html

Rating : 12V 35 / 36.5W

Mouthpiece : P15d-25-3 (T14.7)

Best to you all and thanks for your help

Best regards from Lisbon

Rui

I am sure, that you will get the fitting bulb in every good sorted shop for bike/car spare parts.

I've found this information in the shop from my reseller:

Volt: 12

Watt: 35/35

Socket: P15D-25

Type: Bilux

MSRP: 9,35 EURO

Can you please send me ([email protected]) the registration documents from your 225?

I am collecting these documents.

Sponosred Links