Noisy engine head
Close

Hi guys,

I recently had my T-dub piston rings replaced after it started burning huge amounts of oil.I also installed a stock exhaust system at about the same time since it had been riding for about 5 months without any silencer.It has improved ten fold ever since.Problem is,i've noticed annoying noises coming from the top of the engine.is it the engine head?).Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by bala View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently had my T-dub piston rings replaced after it started burning huge amounts of oil.I also installed a stock exhaust system at about the same time since it had been riding for about 5 months without any silencer.It has improved ten fold ever since.Problem is,i've noticed annoying noises coming from the top of the engine.is it the engine head?).Any help?

Cam chain, tappets or maybe something else...i.e. cam shaft bearing wear Tappets are easily adjusted. Cam chain can be replaced. Cam shaft / head wear is not good (maybe results in new head). Are you sure it's not the con rod or pin?

Make sure your getting oil in the head - there is small bolt on the right hand side you can slight unscrew while the engine is running - oil should come out of it. See owners manual or tech manual on this forum for info.

If you've been running without a muffler, you may just be hearing normal engine sounds that you couldn't hear before.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

another concern is oil filter. Has this been replaced recently? Did the right one get used? The correct filter has the 4 holes in it (check sticky). 'Wrong' filter starves valvetrain of oil. TIM
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

thanks guys for the helpful info.

Sponosred Links