2018 TW fuel line ID
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2018 TW fuel line ID

2018 TW fuel line ID

Planning on installing a fuel filter to my new TW but instead of cutting the stock fuel line I’m planning on buying a 12 inch length of clear fuel line, measure carefully, remove the stock fuel line and install the whole new assembly. I’d be grateful for the ID of the stock fuel line. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    Planning on installing a fuel filter to my new TW but instead of cutting the stock fuel line I’m planning on buying a 12 inch length of clear fuel line, measure carefully, remove the stock fuel line and install the whole new assembly. I’d be grateful for the ID of the stock fuel line. Thank you.
    I apologize, I should have searched. It’s 1/4 inch or 3/16inch for press fit and no clamps. Thank you.

Get that yellow Tygon fuel line, it's resistant to weathering from the Sun, etc. I think I used the 3/16 for a tight press fit.
    I apologize, I should have searched. It’s 1/4 inch or 3/16inch for press fit and no clamps. Thank you.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

if you are going to use a foot of gas line, you may run into the same problem i did. i thought i would make a nice graceful curve and it ended up making the fuel flow restricted and the engine kept running out of fuel after about a mile53.JPG but it sure looked purdy
    Last edited by grewen; 12-06-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    admiral likes this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Just FYI I cut my stock line and added a 90 degree fuel filter. With the after market tank (3.7 gal.) and side plastic it's covered and works ... and everything
    Darth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    if you are going to use a foot of gas line, you may run into the same problem i did. i thought i would make a nice graceful curve and it ended up making the fuel flow restricted and the engine kept running out of fuel after about a mile53.JPG but it sure looked purdy
    No, no, I said I was going to BUY a foot of fuel line but I'm gonna stay with the stock length, including filter. But thank you for the heads-up.

I used a right angle filter, tucks in tight, won't kink or pinch.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

After I installed my Clarke Tank, my fuel line almost bent a 90° turn. It didn't cause any issues what-so-ever which surprised me. I recently added a new line which doubled the length, put less of a kink in the line but I figured if I am in trouble and need a new fuel line, I can remove 50% of existing and self-rescue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fred likes this.

Darth likes this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

get a quality fuel line. Especially a transparent line. It takes little time for cheap fuel line to become stiff and discolored. Your new TW deserves better
    87 TW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links