Rejetting help
Close

Thread: Rejetting help

OK, so I have the Nitroheads Dragpipe installed (straight pipe) and a K&N filter. With the stock 128 jet, I could barely get the bike to start cold, and it would die on me when I gave fast throttle. I then went up to a 130 jet, and it started easier, but still wants to die when I give fast throttle. Then I went up to a 132.5 and it is much better, but when cold with the choke open, it will die when I give sudden throttle. But at least it starts right up. Do you experts think I should go up one or two more sizes for the main jet?

Thanks - Bart

The main has nothing to do with cold starting.

Reno+January= choke. Possibly for several minutes or miles. Opening up the idle mixture screw may help.

You're at 4,000 feet, where a stock bike would usually be perfectly happy with stock jetting. Upping the main will help compensate for the open exhaust and airfilter, but won't improve starting.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yeah, its starting fine now, like right away. Its just that it wants to die right when I give throttle, but I think only when cold. Is it just a matter of letting it get warmed up?

Thanks - Bart

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

mine wont start without full choke and wait few mins idle gets higher and then i push choke back in. cant throttle it till few mins warm up.
    2006 tw200

Sponosred Links