Stator Wire?
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiny-Wheel-200

Thread: Stator Wire?

Stator Wire?

I swapped out my front sprocket and when I put my cover back on I pinched some wiring. The pair of wires that go to the Stator? Can I get a new set of wires and is there a trick for getting that cover back on without the same result?

Welcome to the club I did the same thing and fixed it by tinning the wires together and then using a waterproof shrink tubing over the splice. Still ticking along many years later. Helpful to have a second aet of hands when you replace tge cover.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
    Fred likes this.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    If you cut them, solder them back together and use some heatshrink. Now you know why it is so much easier to change the rear sprocket for gear ratio changes. I found that you need a friend when reinstalling, one person to hold and guide the wires where they are supposed to go, while the other slowly and carefully tries to reinstall the cover while resisting the magnetic forces. Good luck!
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You did it, I did it, several hundred others of us did it. Use Larry's fix. What I found was it was possible to do it by yourself, but it requires a bright light after you get all the bolts started with only finger pressure on them to look at the wires as they come out of the housing. Sometimes you have to lift the cover to the limit of the bolts length to poke the wires where they belong. The magnetic attraction certainly make things harder, thus the above caveat to get all the bolts started.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Sponosred Links