1996 TW200 Carburetor Make/Model
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By methamphetasaur

Thread: 1996 TW200 Carburetor Make/Model

1996 TW200 Carburetor Make/Model

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me the make and model of the carb on a 1996 TW? I want to find a source for jets and rebuild kits. I would also like to research mods that let the engine breath easier. Only thinking of just an aftermarket exhaust and air filter/intake. Just want to get the best power out of the engine. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Greg Nolan

It's a Teikei carb if it's the stock one. Not sure of the model. Pain in the assy because it kinda sucks and finding jets for it is not the easiest either. Most bike shops only stock Keihin and Mikuni jets. Procycle is the best place I've found. Their jet kit for it comes with an assortment, but if you contact them you can ask for specific ones if you know what you want.

https://procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html
    Badgerflorida likes this.

Welcome to the forum from WI. I’ve had good luck with JetsRUs. Don’t expect huge improvements from the stock 12 horsepower. Good luck with your mods.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hi , if it’s the old slide type carb it’s the original the choke plunger is on petrol tap side of carb .
    if it’s the later it is a vacuum type carb and has a round top on it.
    My tw is a 1996 model with a slide carb on it , there is a load of info regarding carbs and running issues , but be aware you can get the bike to perform better than stock with adjustments but you probably won’t get it set up 100% as the carb basically is not that good
    i put a post on here about my mods 10.13.2013 “ old slide carb “ I put original Yamaha jets in mine from a xt350 and shimmed the slide needle for better mid range ? Be prepared for lots of stripping carb and setting up as it’s trial/error depending on where you live and climate , there are kits out there that make the bike run worse than standard and don’t mix/ match kits as you will end up in a mess when it’s running worse than when you started , youtube shows a video of shim mod
    Another tip is if it’s old slide type carb get a new rubber snorkel boot for rear of carb to air box they shrink over time and don’t fit when trying to install
    good luck
    qwerty had a detailed post on procedures of setting carb up ( good advice )

Thank all of you for your response. I think I will just use the TW as is. It's not the kind of bike that warrants all the energy and time. I will spend the energy on my 1991 Honda XR250L. The TW I found has about 1600 miles and is in very good shape. Being on the old side, I am really looking forward to riding it. Can you guys give me some tips on Tires, Handle Bars and handle bar risers? Sources and/or brands and sizes. Fresh tires, raising the bars and maybe new foot pegs would be nice.

Getting rid of the kiddie pegs is one of the best mods you can do for the money. IMS and Pivotpegs get rave reviews. Or if you’re cheap like me, you can get these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like Protaper bars you can get so many different bends to fit your riding style.

I only have experience with Rox risers. Expensive but good stuff. I have the anti-vibration model.

For dirt riding the tire options are virtually limitless from trials to ATV style. Shinko 241 gets good reviews on here. For street riding, the stock tires are ok. Not as many options Bridgestone TW203 and 204 are arguably the best.

Enjoy your new bike and getting it set up the way you want. Cheers
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Thank you for your input Badger.

Sponosred Links