Oil burner/pitted piston - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Oil burner/pitted piston

Quote Originally Posted by liverup View Post
    What kind of piston clearance should I shoot for?
    It calls for .002" at the bottom of the skirt. I used .0025". I also made the ring gap clearance looser than what was called for. If things get really hot you will want the extra clearance to allow for expansion.

As a side note, for the 4312 piston, on the box it says the compression ratio is 10.25:1 to one which is true for a 58mm stroke engine. The TW 200 is a 55.7mm stroke engine and therefore the final compression ratio works out to be 9.9:1.
    Ken likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I got my 110 jet from Bike bandit. I have the stock 114 in order. Not sure where I put the original one that I took out. The 114 stock jet was definitely too Rick at 5000-6500 feet.
    You might find that the original #114 was to rich but the brand new replacement will work well. Three times I have been party to replacing an old #114 jets with a new #114 jet on engines running to rich and solving the problem.

Jets wear out. The hole in the center erodes, gets bigger, causing the engine to run rich. It looks good but it isn't. If nothing else just replace it to eliminate it as a potential problem. This was a lesson I learned the "hard way".
    admiral, Ken, jbfla and 1 others like this.

I received my new Wiseco 4312 70mm piston. I put the circlip in one side of the new piston. I installed the wrist pin and there is not enough room for the 2nd circlip to fit into the groove. Like the wrist pin is too long. I called Wiseco and they sent me a new wrist pin. Got it and same issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I received my new Wiseco 4312 70mm piston. I put the circlip in one side of the new piston. I installed the wrist pin and there is not enough room for the 2nd circlip to fit into the groove. Like the wrist pin is too long. I called Wiseco and they sent me a new wrist pin. Got it and same issue.
    Did you try to install the second clip while holding the piston in your hand? Sometimes when it is on the rod and the rod is on the crank and you are all bent over things are awkward.

Added: I measured from the inside of one groove to the inside of the groove on the other side and it is almost 58mm. I measured the length of the pin and it too is almost 58mm. It is a tight fit.

Put the clip in one side, put the wrist pin through the piston mounting it on the rod, then put the clip in and push it in against the wrist pin while holding the piston. I bet it snaps in place.
    Last edited by elime; 05-03-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    TW-Brian likes this.

I have tied and tried. Even tried with the piston in my hand and not installed on the rod. Tried both sides first. I just can’t get the clip to snap into the groove. I’m going to have to call Wiseco Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    Did you try to install the second clip while holding the piston in your hand? Sometimes when it is on the rod and the rod is on the crank and you are all bent over things are awkward.

Added: I measured from the inside of one groove to the inside of the groove on the other side and it is almost 58mm. I measured the length of the pin and it too is almost 58mm. It is a tight fit.

Put the clip in one side, put the wrist pin through the piston mounting it on the rod, then put the clip in and push it in against the wrist pin while holding the piston. I bet it snaps in place.
    Sent the piston back to Wiseco. They deemed it to be manufactured wrong. Same thing I deemed 3 flipping weeks ago.
    elime likes this.

I got my TW214.25 put back together after getting a new 70mm Wiseco piston. I didn’t check compression before or after but you got to put some effort in to kick it now. I’ve got an upper valve train type noise when it comes off idol. I’m suspecting the exhaust pipe seal is leaking some exhaust past and it sounds like an engine noise. Sound perfect at idle. That’s what I’m hoping. I’ve got a new exhaust pipe seal ordered.
    Fred likes this.

I have had leaks where the the exhaust exits the head. I simply loosened the two bolts and the bolt that clamps the pipe to the mufflers, wiggled it a little bit and re tightened them and it stopped leaking.
    Fred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    I have had leaks where the the exhaust exits the head. I simply loosened the two bolts and the bolt that clamps the pipe to the mufflers, wiggled it a little bit and re tightened them and it stopped leaking.
    Thanks. I appreciate all your input. I think the clicking noises might have been lack of lube on the top end. The more I’ve ran it the better it sounded. I started it yesterday and it sounded great. Here is a video I sent my buddy. https://youtu.be/Qdk95KeGx6c

Do you know on the timing chain tensioner there is a little round damper in between the short spring and long spring, does the tapered end of that damper go towards the timing chain or not? Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponosred Links