• 1 Post By liverup
  • 2 Post By Sthrnromr
  • 1 Post By liverup
  • 3 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By ibdavid
  • 2 Post By liverup

Thread: Headlight mod

Headlight mod

My TW came with the factory headlight and bracket stripped. It had a cheap plastic street fight headlight held on with rubber bungies that won’t stay on. I’d like to go back on with a rectangle headlight. Any good aftermarket suggestions?
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

If not going back to stock brackets, etc. and not going with a JNS, then I always wanted to try one of these but their damn pricey.

Baja Designs Squadron Pro M/C LED Race Light

Not sure how the fitment would go, but maybe one of those with a little bit higher screen sure would be nice.
    elBuro and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrnromr View Post
    If not going back to stock brackets, etc. and not going with a JNS, then I always wanted to try one of these but their damn pricey.

Baja Designs Squadron Pro M/C LED Race Light

Not sure how the fitment would go, but maybe one of those with a little bit higher screen sure would be nice.
    Those look sweet! This is my sons bike and it may end up on its side a time or two so I can’t justify the Baja.
    I was thinking about going with something like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I would hit the "Compare with similar items" button since your fork tubes are 33mm, not 39mm, in diameter. Since the TW has a wider than normal front tire for a small displacement bike its hub and thus fork spacing is a bit wider too. Measure & plan accordingly if the goal is to install the headlight assembly between the TW fork uppers. Some of the bobber builds may show clever hints at hiding all the rat's nest of wiring lurking behind the OEM cowling.
    CJ7Pilot, Purple and Sthrnromr like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I would hit the "Compare with similar items" button since your fork tubes are 33mm, not 39mm, in diameter. Since the TW has a wider than normal front tire for a small displacement bike its hub and thus fork spacing is a bit wider too. Measure & plan accordingly if the goal is to install the headlight assembly between the TW fork uppers. Some of the bobber builds may show clever hints at hiding all the rat's nest of wiring lurking behind the OEM cowling.
    Thanks for you input!

You can fairly easily change the "headlight stay" that holds the headlight assembly. I did this on my TW going from an oversize round headlight in which the headlight stay was cut up, back to stock. Worked out well and looks like stock/new.
    Sthrnromr and Ken like this.
    2004 TW200

I went this route. Fits well. Is sturdy. Not overly bright.
    Ken and Fred like this.

Sponosred Links