Where do you guys get your oil filters?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Where do you guys get your oil filters?

Where do you guys get your oil filters?

I checked my local NAPA and they have NO part numbers available for the TW200. Where do all of you get your oil filters?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bentzen View Post
    I checked my local NAPA and they have NO part numbers available for the TW200. Where do all of you get your oil filters?
    Tom

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...200g1/oil-pump

Here is where I get mine.

Go there and just choose your year...
    assquatch20 likes this.
    2006 TW200 CA version

I just keep reusing the stock OEM metal one and clean it well. You can also grab a KN143 or HiFlo HF143 online from just about anywhere. Just make sure it has 4 holes.
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have two, I go back and forth. I got my spare at the local Yamaha dealership. They even had it in stock. I clean them with penetrating oil like Liquid Wrench or WD-40 and a toothbrush helps. Your normal auto parts stores won't have bike stuff, and the dealerships sometimes charge too much, so if it's not a rush try to use a reputable website to order through. Buying multiple little things at once can make the shipping worth it. rockymountainatvmc.com is another good one from what I hear.

Thanks guys. What the heck is the difference between a TW200J1 and J1C???

The "C" may mean California with the required smog canister.

Always check for the 4 flow holes on the end - because even ones purchased at the dealership have sometimes been the wrong ones (but in the correct packaging) with only 2 holes which can ruin your motor. Best to always loosen the oil flow bolt to make sure some comes out after an oil change. As long as the old metal one is not damaged - just clean and re-use, as stated above.

Whats the oil flow bolt?

I heard someone say not go use synthetic oil because it makes your clutch slip? Is that true???? I always use synthetic oil in my vehicles.

You can download the manual that explains the oil bleeding procedure here on the site. Pretty much, the bolt on the right side of the head by the intake valve cover is a bleeder bolt of sorts. You open it up a bit after an oil change when you start the bike up to make sure oil is getting to the head. As far as oil goes, that can be argued forever but plenty of folks seem to use synthetic after break-in and swear by it so it's probably safe. You just have to make sure it's approved for use with a motorcycle wet clutch.
    goldenhtr likes this.

Removing the head galley bolt to see if there's oil in there has to be one of the biggest engineering cheap-outs I've found on motorcycles.

"Hmm, should we include a low oil pressure light? Like virtually every other 4 stroke motorcycle that's ever been made?"

"Nah, that'll add too much to the BoM and cost us another dollar per unit."

"But there really should be some way to verify oil pressure. What if a technician needs to diagnose it?"

"Sheesh, fine. Drill a hole into a pressure galley and put a bolt in there to plug it. Tell them to remove the bolt and see if they get squirted in the face. Happy now? (sarcastically)"

(missing the sarcasm) "Right away, sir".

And that's how the bolt got there.
    TW-Brian likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links