Pro-Cycle jet kit
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By elime
  • 1 Post By madyammy700

Thread: Pro-Cycle jet kit

Pro-Cycle jet kit

Is it worth it?

I love dealing with ProCycle, I really do...when I bought my DR650, they were the GO TO guys for parts and I'm pretty sure I spent kids' education in that store.
    To address the innate surging of the DR, I purchased their jet kit and found it to be useful...in that I used ONE of the jets and ONE of the washers.
    When I had my XT225, I bought their jetting kit and used ONE of the jets and ONE of the washers. See where this is going?

I don't mind spending a few bucks, but does their jetting kit *really* make a difference in the TW? Is is measurable or subjective?

Who here has bought and installed the PC jetting kit and how did it make your TW better?
    Visit my Blog...Hidden Content or my YouTube channel: Hidden Content

I have the early model carburetor and I get my jets from Aliexpress. They cost $11 for 12 jets and you pick the sizes you want or get 2 or 3 of the same size and 4 different sizes. Mix any way you want. This is for main jets. Pilot jets are also available for the same deal. The down side is they ship from China and it might take a while.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3226...27424c4dJg66F4
    jbfla, Fred and turbodieseli4i6 like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

yes i bought the jet kit and it was worth it to have a great running bike. and the kit i bought just keeps on giving, i just used one of the washers from that kit to fix a starting problem with my new dr200. many more parts left for hopefully more uses
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    yes i bought the jet kit and it was worth it to have a great running bike. and the kit i bought just keeps on giving, i just used one of the washers from that kit to fix a starting problem with my new dr200. many more parts left for hopefully more uses
    So it made a noticeable difference?
    Visit my Blog...Hidden Content or my YouTube channel: Hidden Content

What comes in the kit? Is there new a slide spring, Drill bit, mains, and a pilot like the Dynojet jet kit?
    I emailed Dynojet about an issue I’m having, but they haven’t got back to me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My 2013 is hesitating on quick throttle opening. I’ve messed with jetting, bought jets, both pilot and main. I’d buy a kit, but if it’s just a couple jets, I can’t see how that would fix my issue. I believe I’m dealing with a slide opening to fast or to slow and choking the engine.
    Dynojet kits come with new slide springs.
    Although not positive that’s gonna fix it either. I emailed Dynojet asking for a guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by madyammy700 View Post
    My 2013 is hesitating on quick throttle opening....
    Depends on how much of a hesitation. On a CV carb there is always a "slight" hesitation while the vacuum from the engine raises the slide. It's most apparent when you "whack" open the throttle.

If you want instant response, a "slide" carb will react better where the throttle cable directly lifts the slide.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
    Depends on how much of a hesitation. On a CV carb there is always a "slight" hesitation while the vacuum from the engine raises the slide. It's most apparent when you "whack" open the throttle.

If you want instant response, a "slide" carb will react better where the throttle cable directly lifts the slide.

jb
    It’s more of a “choke” then a “slow response” kind of hesitation. Definitely not normal. I see loads of videos of guys giving their TW’s a shot of gas and getting a little wheelie off of a trail bump. Mine will not,,, it will cough and fall on its face. Then about 1/2 to one second after the throttle input it will rev and go.

jbfla likes this.

Sponosred Links