TW back fire
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TW back fire

Hi Guys! I own a tw 125, now im after a new exhaust for it, possibly after market? and the bike will back fire through carb when on low rews, im pritty sure its not normal...

PS im after a rear stop light lens! my lil bro smashed it! cant find them anywhere!

someone help please!

too much gas. Get a aftermarket tail light it will be cheaper.

okay, so can someone explain step by ste how to set up cab as im not familiar with it? also what aftermarket light would fit?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by marc1n5 View Post
    Hi Guys! I own a tw 125, now im after a new exhaust for it, possibly after market? and the bike will back fire through carb when on low rews, im pritty sure its not normal...

PS im after a rear stop light lens! my lil bro smashed it! cant find them anywhere!

someone help please!

Pull the spark plug and take a look at it. If there is a white and yellow residue build up that means it is running to lean(not enough fuel), If it is too rich it will have black deposits on the plug and also in your exhaust! (which is more than likely your problem) Spark plugs tell a lot about fuel delivery!

Qwerty did a sequence on carb tuning, https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/topic/647-carb-tuning/
    "Peace be the journey"

MY BIKE BUILD- Hidden Content

-2012 tw200

to much fuel! thanks what about exhaust? anyone knows about any aftermarket ones that would fit? and it doesnt really tell me how to set it up, where can i locate the screws? do i have to take it apart? also my carb seems to be 'sweating' on the bottom, looks like theres petrol on it, is it because of the back fire or something else? i had so much trouble with this bike.. but i would love to learn more about them as they are great fun! on road and off!

to much fuel! thanks what about exhaust? anyone knows about any aftermarket ones that would fit? and it doesnt really tell me how to set it up, where can i locate the screws? do i have to take it apart? also my carb seems to be 'sweating' on the bottom, looks like theres petrol on it, is it because of the back fire or something else? i had so much trouble with this bike.. but i would love to learn more about them as they are great fun! on road and off!

sounds like the base gasket from the carb to the cylinder head might be messed up too, if it is gas. Akrapovic has some in Europe, there is fmf,DG as well. Where are you located? Please include the year of your tw125 as well as your elevation. and I will try an do some research for you since the american tw200 is a bit different. There is a member on our forum named "Sebastian" (MkBig or something is his screen name) who is very familiar with the tw125, i'll try to look through his info to see whats going on! I'm trying to grasp the concept of carb issues so I can properly fix anything that may happen with my ride! Usually the screw is located at the bottom of the carb on the newer tw200's and is covered by a cap that needs to be drilled out. The screw is a flat head style screw. Too much fuel may be a problem with a float, jet, or needle. How many miles does the bike have and did it sit for extended periods of time?
    "Peace be the journey"

-2012 tw200

im in UK, i dont think so its the head, 2months ago had both valves replaced, and last month they were regulated, the bike is 2007, and it was 108000 miles on the clock. I ll take a picture of the carb 2morrow and post it, as i have to go sleep, college 2morrow

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you may have added one too many zeros
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

sorry guys xd to tired and was a bit dark,11800 xd

sorry guys xd to tired and was a bit dark,11800 xd
    I was a bit astonished to see that mileage too! As per the taillight. You would be better off custom fabricating your own! Take a look at my bike build. The url should be in my signature.
    "Peace be the journey"

-2012 tw200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links