Stock Signal Housings with LED Bulbs - Requesting Help Troubleshooting
Close

Stock Signal Housings with LED Bulbs - Requesting Help Troubleshooting

I have searched and not found the answer thus a new thread and request for help.

I have a 2017 TW that my goal is to add LED bulbs to the brake light, turn signals, indicator lights and speedo. I installed the brake light and the speedo bulbs and both are much brighter.

I then ordered a LF1-S-PIN flasher based on other threads. Installed LED 1157s front, 1156s rear and indicators bulbs. Signals are much brighter and blink normal rate but the turn signal indicator does not work with the LED bulb. Neutral and high beams indicators work great with LED bulbs. When I put in the stock indicator bulb with this setup, the signals don't flash at all - stay on bright with no flash.

I then found this thread https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/tec...problem-3.html that suggests a LF1-S-FLAT flasher potentially fixes this issue so I ordered one. Signals flash at normal rate but the LED turn signal indicator still does not work. Only difference is you can install the stock bulb and while the indicator light does not work, the bulbs still flash normal.

So I'm trying to determine why I can't get the LED turn signal indicator to work. Any assistance in troubleshooting this issue is most appreciated and I'm hopeful will benefit others as well. Thanks!
    Last edited by TheFunkyMonkey; 07-11-2019 at 04:28 AM.

Well,
    No answer yet huh? I'm watching this thread as I'm gonna do the same thing to our recently purchased '07 and don't want any popping up issues. I want to cover all bases when even start this project.
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

led.JPG

(right click, "open in new tab") .....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    led.JPG

(right click, "open in new tab") .....
    Succinct, Purple, very succinct!

1. I understood my 2017 to come from the factory with LED turn indicator light. Was yours incandescent?
    2. Most likely the replacement LED has polarity reversed.

Suggest that TFM reinstall the original indicator light.
    2014 Honda CB1100
    2018 Yamaha XT250
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7 II
    2017 Yamaha TW200
    2012 Triumph Bonneville
    2002 H-D Sportster 1200 Sport
    2003 H-D Sportster 883
    1976 Honda CB750F
    1975 Honda CB360
    1970 Yamaha CT1
    1972 Yamaha CT2
    1972 Yamaha AT2/CT2
    1970 Honda SL350
    1970 Honda CL350
    1967 Honda CL160
    1967 Honda CB160
    1962 Honda CA110

First time I've been described as "Succinct" - (although the description will come as to a delight to some of you)

However, LED bulbs will only work one way, so the first thought is to reverse the way the bulb is fitted (if that's even possible) ......
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    Well,
    No answer yet huh? I'm watching this thread as I'm gonna do the same thing to our recently purchased '07 and don't want any popping up issues. I want to cover all bases when even start this project.
    Scott
    Yeah, a little surprised by the lack of response on this one as I would have thought this mod would've been covered extensively. I do appreciate Purple and SportsDoc chiming in with some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    Succinct, Purple, very succinct!

1. I understood my 2017 to come from the factory with LED turn indicator light. Was yours incandescent?
    2. Most likely the replacement LED has polarity reversed.

Suggest that TFM reinstall the original indicator light.
    I have a 2017 that in fairness, I picked up used so no idea what the prior owner did (or didn't do). My '17 clearly didn't come with LED indicators - pic below is the stock bulbs with one of the replacement LED bulbs:

IMG_6717.JPG

I did find this post that I think may be the ticket and what I try when I install the JNS LED headlight: https://www.tw200forum.com/forums/99574/ShowPost.aspx

I'll update this post once I try the above fix. Thanks all!

Sponosred Links