1992 tw200 carb ?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 1992 tw200 carb ?

1992 tw200 carb ?

Can I use a post 2000 carb on a pre 2000 bike? If so are there any modifications needed? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike ohler View Post
    Can I use a post 2000 carb on a pre 2000 bike? If so are there any modifications needed? thanks
    Yes. You will need the manifold joint and the rubber air box boot from the 2001 and newer TW for a seamless fit.

jb
    Darth likes this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Hey, Thanks good to know if cleaning the old one does not work, Just picked this bike up the other day, definatley not getting enough fuel to run, it wants to start but barely. alot of knowledge on this forum. thanks again,

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Try to get the old one working - in addition to the above (which are expensive from new) - you will find the cables leading in from the wrong side. The cable situation is an easy work around. The flat slider on the older models was superior in my opinion .....
    jbfla likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Got it running cleaned carb and tank, It will Idle with the choke pulled out but that is it. I am going to order a rebuild kit and try that. If I was to buy the new 2001+ carb is there any extra hoses or ports I would need to plug? Seems like I read that some where. thanks again

the manifold boot I have seen on ebay and amazon are listed to fit 1987 to 2017 and appear to be the same as the one I have. And I see no air box boots any where un less you buy the whole box which looks to be the same

I got my boots from Partzilla. The boot on the engine side has a small nozzle that needs to be capped or plugged.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

There is no benefit at all by going from the old style carb to the newer style. Carbs is Carbs and one is no better or worse than the other. You said you have it cleaned but you do not say if you replaced the usual suspects inside of it so it will run right. The float valve and seat are the most common of issues IMO. Unless the jets are crudded up from nasty fuel corroding them there is usually not much reason to replace them. Check the enriching diaphragm to make sure the piston is moving freely and soak the stripped body in either Berrymans carb cleaner or run it through numerous cycles in an ultrasonic cleaner with some Pinesol. The boot from the air box to the carb is another of the usual suspects because they shrink and get very hard so they no longer form a tight seal. Any air leakage there can and will cause problems. Just buy a new boot and make absolutely sure the seal is air tight. The real problem with swapping from the old to the new carb is the diameter of the carb intake and engine side are different so you must change the boots to fit the new carb and then reroute the throttle cables. Not worth the trouble or expense IMO. A 2000 TW against a 2001 TW with their respective different carbs both correctly tuned do not run any better than each other so you get nothing by going to the newer carb.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

do you happen to know the part numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by mike ohler View Post
    do you happen to know the part numbers?
    Here! https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...00h/carburetor

Here https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya.../tw200h/intake

GaryL
    Purple likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links