2000 TW Carb Question
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: 2000 TW Carb Question

2000 TW Carb Question

I'm currently having a no start issue where I believe the bike is not getting any fuel. It will start if I put some fuel in the cylinder but then die right away. The float bowl has fuel because I opened the drain and it pours out. I've had the carb off and blown it out after trying to correct an overflowing issue. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

Also I've started looking for aftermarket carb and found lots for 2001 and up but none for a 2000. What's the big difference?

Slide vs CV .....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

You have a blockage somewhere in the carb. Hard to tell from over here where but something is impeding the flow of fuel. The boots on both sides must be air tight first and foremost. The float valve and seat must be functioning correctly and under that seat there is a very fine mesh screen that is often crudded up. The enrichment diaphragm on the side is known to either have a tear in the rubber or the piston is stuck and not moving freely. These carbs work off a vacuum principal so if air is leaking on one side or the other the vacuum is lost. Have you checked the air box itself? Under the seat and behind the battery is where the air comes in. I have seen guys stuff a rag in there so they have a handy rag and not realize they shut off the air intake. I have also found critters love to make their nests in the air box and intake. No air flowing and you get no vacuum. You don't need a new carb near as much as you need the existing one to be working as designed.

GaryL
    Purple likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links