Yamaha, why no FUEL INJECTION? !!!!!!!!!!! - Page 5
Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Yamaha, why no FUEL INJECTION? !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TW_in_BC View Post
    That's odd....I even upgraded my rear spring, but it still couldn't handle the two of us without bottoming.
    I'm over 200# but my wife is petite.....
    i'm right at 200 and the wife is 1/3 less. i never did the rear spring and we managed. with the tw, i had to up grade the rear spring. now we are on a suzuki dr200 and the springs seem fine
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

So, what had happened was...

I'm actually on the board of directors for Yamaha. They've actually asked me a few times if they should put some fuel injectors on the TW, but my Japanese is bad. I was gonna say yes, but I can't remember how to say yes in Japanese.
    CJ7Pilot and NVcowboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetasaur View Post
    So, what had happened was...

I'm actually on the board of directors for Yamaha. They've actually asked me a few times if they should put some fuel injectors on the TW, but my Japanese is bad. I was gonna say yes, but I can't remember how to say yes in Japanese.
    Hai (pronounced like hi in English)

Get with it
    methamphetasaur and NVcowboy like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I live at 5500 ft. and ride mainly that elevation and higher. Never had a problem with sputtering or anything. Possible my dealership actually did something right and jetted it proper for the elevation here upon assembly, but I've seen the goons in their shop so I'm guessing no. I love this bike FOR its simplicity, and wouldn't want to complicate it. For reasons stated before, out on the trail, in the middle of BFE. In rural NV, we are desolate, and cell towers are only located along I-80 and near towns. The only places with more distance between towns is AK and probably WY. I don't feel like pushing a EFI broke down bike 70 miles to the nearest dwelling to call for a truck to get my shit home. I stand a better chance of being abducted by aliens. Maybe they'd hook the LCpl. up with some E.T. tech. Warp core, cold fusion, cloaking, and all it would cost is a probe in my ass. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Purple likes this.
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

OKAY OKAY, MT, ND, and SD too. Sheesh!
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

That lean factory jetting actually works out rather well for us mile high denizens. Those sea level TW types who enrichen things significantly are the ones who seem to sputter and act unhappy at elevation.
    CJ7Pilot likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    That lean factory jetting actually works out rather well for us mile high denizens. Those sea level TW types who enrichen things significantly are the ones who seem to sputter and act unhappy at elevation.
    Your're right! My 130 main jet is great at home(around 1000') but in Utah my bike would sputter and miss at high RPM's when over 6000 ft elevation. My buddy with stock jetting had less of a problem.
    2017 TW200, 2012 Ducati Multistrada, 2006 Polaris Hawkeye

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponosred Links