Configuration/jetting database
Close

Configuration/jetting database

I was wondering if anyone knows of a file out there or in the forums where people have posted their configurations and what jetting they've used. If one doesn't exist, maybe we can start a file to allow members to add their setups to it so we can refer to it for our own mods. I'd be happy to create the file (although it would be empty) and post it here for others to add their carb, intake mods, exhaust mods, altitude and jetting setups to it so we might have a quick reference to use for what works and what may need more tweaking. I'm probably going to open up the intake side on mine first, and later be adding a DG exhaust, and have no idea what jets would be be good starting points for that particular combo. But I'll be finding out.

I think it is a good idea but would be surprised if many people cared.

It seems to me most people aren't really to interested in playing with different jets trying to fine tune their machines. There are some but they are the minority. Most are content if their machines run OK.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Senior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar
    When I took delivery of my bike, it idled, sounded, and performed horribly. A simple adjustment of the pilot screw (roughly 2.5 turns from seated) made a huge difference. I'd be interested to see what others at my altitude are using, rather than just experimenting on my own and then finding out what they already knew.
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDoubleUTwoHundred View Post
    When I took delivery of my bike, it idled, sounded, and performed horribly. A simple adjustment of the pilot screw (roughly 2.5 turns from seated) made a huge difference. I'd be interested to see what others at my altitude are using, rather than just experimenting on my own and then finding out what they already knew.
    Oh yeah... Way too lean on the stock position on the mixture screw. I also think it is a bit starved for air at WOT under load. A lot of EPA and sound restriction on the intake side of this bike.

Sponosred Links