rear suspenion
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: rear suspenion

rear suspenion

has anyone done any up grades to the rear shock on the newer TW, 2017 or up. i'm thinking of coming back as i can not find a bike that is better than the TW 200
    littletommy likes this.
    Greg
    2020 yamaha TW200
    2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom

nobody?? does that mean nobody has fooled around with the rear shock or does this mean the rear shock on the newer TW's are out standing the way they are
    Greg
    2020 yamaha TW200
    2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    nobody?? does that mean nobody has fooled around with the rear shock or does this mean the rear shock on the newer TW's are out standing the way they are
    I think most keep the stock shock and change the spring as needed.
    jeepster09 and grewen like this.
    2001 Yamaha TW200
    2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    Lol, I haven’t had any issues with my stock rear shock... I might bottom out once in a great while when I’m not goi g over any crazy rocks or roots... which is surprising since I weigh almost twice what most people on the forum weight, but I spend a lot of time engaging my legs to dampen impacts....

As for rear suspension, there are a number of extensive posts on rear shock swaps, what works, what doesn’t, who used what from which bike or quad. Just search and there’s a ton of info.

Me, being bigger, I settled on a rear shock out of a banshee 350, I just got it yesterday and I’m cleaning it up a little before the install this week.
    Errtu and Trail Woman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TWBigBlake View Post
    Lol, I haven’t had any issues with my stock rear shock... I might bottom out once in a great while when I’m not goi g over any crazy rocks or roots... which is surprising since I weigh almost twice what most people on the forum weight, but I spend a lot of time engaging my legs to dampen impacts....

As for rear suspension, there are a number of extensive posts on rear shock swaps, what works, what doesn’t, who used what from which bike or quad. Just search and there’s a ton of info.

Me, being bigger, I settled on a rear shock out of a banshee 350, I just got it yesterday and I’m cleaning it up a little before the install this week.

Where did you get your shock, how much was it?
    I googled banshee shock and found a spectrum of things ranging from $60 on amazon to a $1,300 shock. Can you tell me the part number of the one you got?
    2017 KLR650
    2009 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by AKTW View Post
    Where did you get your shock, how much was it?
    I googled banshee shock and found a spectrum of things ranging from $60 on amazon to a $1,300 shock. Can you tell me the part number of the one you got?
    I got mine off of eBay. It came out of an 03 banshee.

PN: 3GG-22210-52-P0

I haven’t installed yet, so I can’t tell you changes to the geometry until it’s done (ride height changes, rebound and preload setting/measurements).

I make no claims about the fit, finish or modifications required as this will be my first time swapping out a shock on a bike.

Here’s the one I bought, ended up being $165

BF38F955-F47F-4242-AE5B-9428274CF54A_1566261957387.png
    GOF, cateyetech and Trail Woman like this.

GOF
    Looking forward to your report on this swap TWBigBlake.
    cateyetech and Trail Woman like this.
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Doesn't the 2017 and up have three settings for the rear shock? If so, have you checked your setting? Possibly, you could adjust the setting to seek if the bike rides better for you.
    Mikey

Well Greg, I'm only 180 lbs. and haven't had to do anything to the stock shock on my '18. I ride on some questionable terrain but I try to do it as sensibly as I can. I'm not invincible anymore so no need to ride like a hooker with a bad attitude. Just a stripper with enthusiasm.
    reddave, grewen and Trail Woman like this.
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    Doesn't the 2017 and up have three settings for the rear shock? If so, have you checked your setting? Possibly, you could adjust the setting to seek if the bike rides better for you.
    Mikey
    Indeed it does, I’ll take some pics when I yank mine out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links