• 1 Post By Michael Bryce Winnick
  • 5 Post By GOF
  • 4 Post By anthonyb
  • 1 Post By tombohannon
  • 3 Post By MtnMan75

Thread: Tank Dent removal. Questions.

Tank Dent removal. Questions.

https://youtu.be/fFBuG_yFTdE

In reference to this video above: Would TDubKids’ method work on my dent? It’s in a place that i assume would make it way stiffer to repair/suction up.

Also it has minor scratches in the paint. i have wax for that. don’t worry about it.

That's a bad spot for paintless dent repair. Just about anything you try will crack the paint. Just a new car the first dent is the worse. It's a dirt bike forget about it and ride.
    2017 XR650l
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    If you are not crashing on your bike you are riding it wrong. Get a Clarke Racing plastic tank and stop worrying about getting points deducted from the judges at Pebble Beach. These bikes were meant for riding and falling. And when you get the Clarke tank, it will not fit well either. It will work great, look manly, and will not scratch.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    That's a bad spot for paintless dent repair. Just about anything you try will crack the paint. Just a new car the first dent is the worse. It's a dirt bike forget about it and ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    If you are not crashing on your bike you are riding it wrong. Get a Clarke Racing plastic tank and stop worrying about getting points deducted from the judges at Pebble Beach. These bikes were meant for riding and falling. And when you get the Clarke tank, it will not fit well either. It will work great, look manly, and will not scratch.
    Lol yeah that’s what i thought, it is a really tough place to keep the paint intact.
    And yes, dirt bikes are dirt bikes but my TDub is gonna be my commuter once i get my license next spring. Just wanting to keep it atleast presentable Hahah.
    Thanks for your replies. Have a nice day
    -Anthony B

GOF
    That's not a dent. It's a conversation starter.

"I was on that back trail over behind the quarry. I was killing it at about 30 on that short straight away, just after the downed tree, when a rabbit bolted right across the trail. I didn't wanna whack the poor little fluff ball. So I tried to swerve. But the deathwing lost grip and down I went. I swear the rabbit stopped to laugh at me. Anyways, that's when I went with the Shinko up front."
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GOF View Post

"I was on that back trail over behind the quarry. I was killing it at about 30 on that short straight away, just after the downed tree, when a rabbit bolted right across the trail. I didn't wanna whack the poor little fluff ball. So I tried to swerve. But the deathwing lost grip and down I went. I swear the rabbit stopped to laugh at me.
    Anyways, that's when I went with the Shinko up front."
    Haha that’s pretty close to how it happened. Quarry road, 5th gear, swerved around a puddle into some grass. Grass was holding a surprise rock. next thing i know i’m going downhill with my front brake white-knuckled..

Small town, everyone knows i had a crash because no one minds their business. Anyways that’s a rant for another time 🙂
    Good idea thank you

I found the perfect way to repair that tank.... Go here...
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GOF View Post

"I was on that back trail over behind the quarry. I was killing it at about 30 on that short straight away, just after the downed tree, when a rabbit bolted right across the trail. I didn't wanna whack the poor little fluff ball. So I tried to swerve. But the deathwing lost grip and down I went. I swear the rabbit stopped to laugh at me. Anyways, that's when I went with the Shinko up front."
    Mine would be more along the lines of "So... even though my TW was stuck in first gear I still thought the cops who were chasing me on foot would run out of steam and I would get away. Then I got hit with the taser, lost control of all bodily functions, and while I was twitching on the ground, I watched my bike roll down over the hill..."
    littletommy, GOF and Darth like this.
    2013 TW200 "Timba Wattla"
    2013 DRZ400S
    1999 Bombardier 500 Traxter

GOF
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnman75 View Post
    mine would be more along the lines of "so... Even though my tw was stuck in first gear i still thought the cops who were chasing me on foot would run out of steam and i would get away. Then i got hit with the taser, lost control of all bodily functions, and while i was twitching on the ground, i watched my bike roll down over the hill..."
    bahaha!
    1988 Suzuki Savage
    1987 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content

Sponosred Links