Throttle
Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 4 Post By tylermoney

Thread: Throttle

Throttle

So I accidentally lost the plastic washer for the throttle engager spring... thingy. I remember the first time I took that off (carb was still on the bike), and the spring flew right off towards me. I likely lost the washer right then and didn't know it. I don't remember seeing that part around, and didn't know to look for it in the first place. Looks like maybe the only way to get one is to buy a replacement carb. Bummer. I do have one of the Chinese replacements on back-up, but I'd prefer to find a replacement washer if possible, as it's purposefully setup with all the stock jetting/settings as well as a back-up. I'd still want to eventually find a replacement, or I'd always have to switch that out (thus having to remove the spring unnecessarily).

Anywho, I'm not really seeing a way to buy simple that replacement washer. It's the little washer that goes between the outer side of the spring and the engager/slider piece:
    carb right side.jpg

You can see the plastic washer in this eBay add (too much money me thinks ... I guess better than a new carb though).

Aftermarket TK Carburetor Throttle Engager Spring 1998 Yamaha TW200 Trailway 98:

https://www.ebay.com/i/362591795166?...CABEgL4tvD_BwE

This is where I figured out I must've lost something. Whoops.

Tdubs kids tech help video on throttle spring:

I was kinda hoping that maybe the 2017andUp models no longer needed the washer, but I can't see much detail on the part to know if that is the case anyways.

Anyone else ever lost this bad boy? Any recommendation on how to replace just that little plastic washer? I guess I've got the above eBay link as a fall back, but $30 seems like a lot for that.

... I do have a close friend that has a 3d-printer. If I removed the one I have in my spare carb, maybe I can make a replacement on the 3d-printer. That'd be pretty slick actually.

If anyone knows the secret shop to get these or other ideas, rad. I do have a solution ultimately, but it makes my brain hurt

Thx all.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

... I guess I forgot to mention that this likely occurred right after I bought the bike. The throttle still springs back into place just fine. The throttle response is ... well, I don't know exactly how good it's supposed to be on the TWs in the first place (this is my first, and the first I've ever ridden). Anywho, I have also seemingly gotten by fine without it at all
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs

1973 Yamaha RD350

If it's just a plastic washer, I would think you could make one rather easily yourself.
    Rod R likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

So it's a little more than a plain plastic washer. It has a little protruding segment that seats into the spring.

Also, it turns out the Chinese aftermarket carb has a 14mm vs. 13mm, so the washer wiggles around a little bit more than it likely should (though it would probably still work ultimately). Either way, I ended up sending a much lower offer to the eBay seller that had one from a '97 TW that they accepted, so I went ahead and got it. Installed it last night. There definitely seems to be a slight difference in feel—smoother in both opening and closing the throttle. So that is good.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs

1973 Yamaha RD350

Sponosred Links