TW Runs With Choke - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: TW Runs With Choke

Check air cleaner and carb boots too. You never know if they’re not installed properly or of a critter brought in some lunch and a blanket. I would also play with the air/fuel mixture screw or at least find out where it’s currently set.
    littletommy likes this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Thanks for the suggestions, think I’m just going to proceed with a complete carb clean. Do people usually order a rebuild kit to replace gaskets, o rings, etc when they do a complete carb clean?
    littletommy likes this.

Well, had a completely clogged up pilot jet. Took about 15 minutes with a guitar string to open it up. Seems to be running fine, so going to delay tearing the carb apart for a bit in order to get a little riding in. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    littletommy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I likely do over 100 carbs a year. of those only 5 or so required parts for the repair
    littletommy likes this.

Switch the fuel to off. Pull the tank off and drain the old gas from both the ON and RESERVE positions on the petcock and see if there is any difference in flow between them, and as it begins to empty out, swish what's left around a little bit and tilt the tank so any gas in the right side comes over to the left. Flush it some more with a little bit of fresh gas as well doing the same thing, both in the on and reserve positions on the petcock. (If you have an air compressor, blowing some air back through with the cap off the tank is good at removing blockages. Has fixed the issue on a couple I've bought that had sat like that for years) It's amazing to me how gasohol can gum stuff up and we still use this junk.

* Being that it only has 45 miles on it, it probably still has the mixture screw at 1/4 turn out from the factory. Pull the cover off that screw (silver cap closest toward the engine side of the carb underneath) and turn it in until it just seats. Don't crank it all the way in hard, just bottom it out, and then turn it out 2 1/2 turns. Many posts on here about how to do it. If that does the trick, tweak this screw adjustment for the fastest throttle response and return to idle after letting go after you have the engine up to operating temp.
    Last edited by MtnMan75; 10-12-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    littletommy likes this.
    2013 TW200 "Timba Wattla"
    2013 DRZ400S
    1999 Bombardier 500 Traxter

Quote Originally Posted by Balloonboy View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, think I’m just going to proceed with a complete carb clean. Do people usually order a rebuild kit to replace gaskets, o rings, etc when they do a complete carb clean?
    Yes. You may as well if you are going to pop the float bowl off as you'll probably need a new float bowl gasket, and since you've opened it up on a bike that sat that long you may as well replace the float valve. If you ever decide later down the road to play with the jetting, the hex key screws for the float bowl will save you a possible headache later on. All Balls racing and Moose racing sell a rebuild kit, but I'm pretty sure they are both the same kit with different brand stickers on it.
    Last edited by MtnMan75; 10-12-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    littletommy likes this.
    2013 TW200 "Timba Wattla"
    2013 DRZ400S
    1999 Bombardier 500 Traxter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links