TW Runs With Choke
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: TW Runs With Choke

TW Runs With Choke

Good evening, before I tear apart the carb and do a thorough clean, thought I would see if anyone has any ideas. Here’s what I have.

Just picked up a 2017, 45 miles on odometer. It’s clearly been sitting in a garage for awhile.

Bike starts first push cold with choke on. Once warm push choke in to half choke, idles fine, but if I give it some throttle, immediately dies. Also immediately dies when choke pushed completely off. Bike will run when on full choke, I took it for a quick cruise around the neighborhood.

Any help with simple things to check before a full carb clean and rebuild greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, I’ll take my answer off air👍.
    littletommy likes this.

Welcome to The Forum! Try a very strong dose of seafoam. Give it some time to work as you ride it around.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Dump the old gas out now and put in new fresh gas, ethanol free if you can find it.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Following...I too have the same issue. Runs/idles best with the choke on full. When the choke is in the off/half position and I roll on the throttle it bogs down and dies. I will give Seafoam a shot...
    littletommy likes this.

Lucas deep clean fuel system cleaner works better than Seafoam, but you can't find it everywhere. I've felt a difference with that stuff within a mile or two. It has saved me from having to open carburetors more than once...

Yeah, I’ve got some Sea Foam in the tank, maybe I’ll add some more. Thanks for your help.
    littletommy likes this.

3 or 4 oz should do it.

I’ll look around and give the Luxas stuff a shot, thanks.
    littletommy likes this.

If it doesn't work, unfortunately the carburetor will have to come apart. Pay very close attention to the pilot jet. All the little holes have to be spotless.

No amount of magic will fix the problem. you will need to remove the carb and clean out the jets and carb body. There is a plug over the needle screw that will need to be carefully drilled then removed with a wood screw. combustion chamber cleaner will remove any of the deposits on the jets and make them look like new again. You just have to make sure that it does not soak any of the rubber parts. To clean out the carb is not that hard to do and will save you the many hours of grief of trying to avoid the inevitable
    littletommy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links