LED Flasher Relay-2019 TW
Close

LED Flasher Relay-2019 TW

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the flasher relay changed on the 2019 models to support LED lights?

When I swapped out the tail flashers, I didn't end up with hyper flash... just a little out of sync but so close to standard blinking intervals it's hard to tell.

It just seemed very apparent on my other motorcycles and truck when I swapped them out that the relay needed to change too, not so much on my 2019 TW...

I doubt it. Not much has changed over the years. When going to LED lights, most folks change the flasher and some have to add a diode in there somewhere.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

If I really wanted to know factual information as to whether Yamaha changed the relay, or for that matter any other part, I would look for any change in the listed part numbers from year to year.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    If I really wanted to know factual information as to whether Yamaha changed the relay, or for that matter any other part, I would look for any change in the listed part numbers from year to year.
    Thanks Fred, I did try to check that, maybe I'm searching the wrong spot, but I couldn't find a part number for the 2019 flasher, partzilla doesn't have the 2019 parts breakout for the TW.

Any other parts sites I may have missed?

*Edit: or my dumbass could pull the part with the part number printed on it off of my bike... jeez, I'm running extra slow this morning.
    Last edited by TWBigBlake; 11-03-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Some recent years may not be listed yet – just as some part numbers differ just because of changes to the connector

Best thing to do, is simply shoot them a mail and ask. That way, if it turns out to be wrong, you can ask for a refund having based your decision of their information. Most companies won’t take back electrical items, but heck, it’s only a flasher unit ….
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Is it possible just changing one bulb per side and not the front also was not quite enough change in wattage?
    '16 Yamaha TW200 '08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad '07 Kawasaki KLX250 '93 BMW R100GS Bumblebee (Mothballed)
    '99 Tacoma SR5 4WD '58 Willys CJ5 '90's Honda 4514 hydro riding mower '90's Honda 5013 compact tractor 4WD & 4W Steering

According to RMATV 2019 4MY-83350-02-00 (replaces part #4MY-83350-01-00) which was listed for the 2018

FLASHER RELAY ASSY
    '16 Yamaha TW200 '08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad '07 Kawasaki KLX250 '93 BMW R100GS Bumblebee (Mothballed)
    '99 Tacoma SR5 4WD '58 Willys CJ5 '90's Honda 4514 hydro riding mower '90's Honda 5013 compact tractor 4WD & 4W Steering

mine worked ok when only the rear bulbs were changed. try changing a front bulb, that will tell you what you want to know
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Thanks scooter, I'll double check the part # of the relay on my bike and see if it matches.

I'll try a front swap (since I have the whole set), but my suspicion was it changed, there's no mistaking hyper flash and my bike just didn't do it wit the read LED flashers, I'll report back after swapping fronts.

The front incadescent bulbs likely had enough impedance to give a near normal flash rate to the turn signal circuit. It doesn't take much resistance. I got a resistor kit of four fancy anodized heat sink equipped resistors but really only one was needed, simply routed both left & right ground leads he front ( could have been rear) through one of these resistors to ground and all worked fine for me.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links