batteries.
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RockyTFS

Thread: batteries.

batteries.

Has anyone had good luck with the no main. gell battery ???????????? I ran both bikes for 3 years. Acid batts. went about 6 years.OMM

I have sealed batteries (Not Gel) in all my bikes. Much better than the old flooded batteries. Pro cycle lists sealed batteries for the TW200. You'll need to get some foam to take up the extra room in the battery box since most are smaller than the stock battery. Also, fleabay list a number of Chinese made batteries for this bike. Beware though that some are made better than others with the weakness being related to flimsier positive and negative terminals. Scorpion sells a nice battery for the money and I've used many of them with great longevity. You can find a true gel cell for the TW but not sure its all that much better than a decent absorbed glass mat (Sealed) unit.

AGM is better than Gel in my opinion.
    Fred likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

While both Absorbed Glass Mat and Gel Cell batteries are valve regulated lead-acid (VGLA) in construction they do have different discharge rates and prices even though both are often referred to as "Gel".
    I've had mixed results with the starved electrolyte AGM batteries but feel they are a superior affordable alternative to older wet cell lead acid batteries and usually much cheaper than a true Gell Cell. If one wishes to upgrade significantly for the money I recommend the modern LiPo4 lithium batteries with their built in circuit and overcharge protection.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links