Bulbs
Close

Thread: Bulbs

So my headlight's low beam crapped out already. So much for aftermarket parts from Japan. It uses a weird MICHIBA H4 12V 35/35W 1204 bulb. Now, I can easily find 65/55w H4s, but I am worried, would this burn to hot or blow a fuse or could I use a 65/55w with no issues?

Thanks - Bart

Usually you'll only find 35/35 in stock at motorcycle dealers. Fortunately they're a rare exception in that they're cheaper than automotive counterparts.

Around 15 bucks at Yamaha.

Your late model's charging system will support a 55/55, but you may get excess heat buildup in that small housing. If it has either a plastic reflector, plastic lens or plastic housing I'd limit it at 35/35. Plastic parts tend to melt with high wattage bulbs and clear plastic lenses will go yellow on you even if they don't outright melt.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

You can use a LED headlight. I don't see any possible way that can blow a fuse. H-4

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, guys. I will see about LED and maybe I will just try a higher wattage bulb. The housing is metal and the lens is glass, so I might be ok.

Bart

If he goes LED,wouldn't he have to change a relay or two?.Unless I've missed the point completely?.

Pretty sure the 01-up come with a 55w bulb. Piaa makes good bulbs "expensive" or you could do a HID light

Cheapcycleparts.com lists OEM bulb for TW200 years 2003 forward as 12v 60/55w halogen. Sells for $15.89

Yeah, I just put a H3 55/65W in and it works, gets hotter for sure, but my headlight is all metal so I hope it is ok. We'll see.

Thanks - Bart

Sponosred Links