Quick Help
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Help

Hi I just thought I'd ask if anyone knew these off the top of their head. Thanks

I remember reading on here the stock TW200 speedo was 2240:60 ratio. Anyone have any idea if the speedo and light cluster off a Zongshen 200 would work? Maybe just need to splice different ends on the wires? They look very similar.

Anyone know where this goes?

photo (1) by BC4Lyphe, on Flickr

I know this is random and coud go anywhere. I think I had it in a baggy with the two screws that hold the headlight on. Anyone know where it might go?

photo by BC4Lyphe, on Flickr

Can anyone post a picture of the front of their motor/starter area. I cant remember exactly where the ground going from the frame to the motor goes. I thought it, along with the long (-) going to the battery, connected to the tab on the starter motor?

Your first picture is the wear indicator that goes on the brake arm. Its not vitally important.

Starter area:

If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Thank you! Just to confirm youve got the ground wire going from the screw between the front motor mount to the lower starter mount screw?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

There is a little screw on the down tube just above the starter motor. It hard to see in the picture even with the flashlight. The screw's only purpose is to hold on the wire. The wire runs down and around the starter and then to the lower ear of the starter.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Thank you.

I'm waiting on some parts for the bike so I'm just doing some random things on the bike to keep me busy.

A few more electrical questions. I'm installing a 12v outlet and thought it would be best if I had it wires to switched power so if I wanted to hop off the bike real quick I wouldnt have to worry about unplugging things. Where is the best/easiest place to tap into switched power. Can be either behind the headlight or under right side cover. I wasnt sure if I tapped say, headlight power, if it would draw too much. Also for a cell phone is 5amp or 10 amp fuse better?

My front blinkers have a third green...or maybe it was blue?... wire on them while only 1 of my rear blinkers has a third green wire and its taped off with nothing on the harness tapped off. With the key in the ON position I have headlight, front blinkers/markers, and tail light on. I'm guessing my rear blinker/marker lights on because of the lack of the third wire. Anyone know why my bike would be like this?

Quote Originally Posted by BC4Lyphe View Post
    My front blinkers have a third green...or maybe it was blue?... wire on them while only 1 of my rear blinkers has a third green wire and its taped off with nothing on the harness tapped off. With the key in the ON position I have headlight, front blinkers/markers, and tail light on. I'm guessing my rear blinker/marker lights on because of the lack of the third wire. Anyone know why my bike would be like this?
    Unless your bike is a 1987, your front blinkers will have 3 wires because they are also running lights and are on whenever the ignition is on. The rear blinkers have only 2 wires and serve only as blinkers. Why does one of your rear blinkers have a third wire that is taped off? My guess would be that someone replaced a damaged rear blinker with a front one and just taped off the unneeded wire.

A few more electrical questions. I'm installing a 12v outlet and thought it would be best if I had it wires to switched power so if I wanted to hop off the bike real quick I wouldnt have to worry about unplugging things. Where is the best/easiest place to tap into switched power. Can be either behind the headlight or under right side cover. I wasnt sure if I tapped say, headlight power, if it would draw too much. Also for a cell phone is 5amp or 10 amp fuse better?

Best way would be with a relay. Have the positive wire from the battery thru the relay to the outlet. Then control the relay with a wire from a running light.

Fuse between the battery and the relay, as close to the battery as possible. 5A should be plenty.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Yes its an '87. The replaced blinker idea makes sense. I'd kind of rather have my running lights in the rear, if not all around, because my front light is a lot brighter than the tail. Also my eyes are generally pointing forward so I can see if bad things are going to happen easier.

Sounds good on the outlet wiring. I need to pick up a relay, relay holder, and I'd like to find some kind of 3 way bullet connector so I can tap into a front marker light while leaving everything stock.

Yes its an '87.
    Hey BC,

I don't mean to offend you, but your bike does not sound like it is a 1987 model year - which had an unusual electrical system. Try the following test to be sure:

-With the ignition key in the On position and the engine not running:

-1987 model year - tailight will be on, headlight and all blinkers will be off.

-1988 and up model years - headlight, tailight and front running lights (blinkers) will be on.

Hopefully, your bike will be a 1988 model year or later due to the greater availability and interchangeability of parts.

Brian

You sir, are the man. The PO said it was an '87 and I never bothered to actually check. I just checked and I can barely make out 1/88 on the headtube. The lights run as you say theyre supposed to but I guess someone replaced on of the tail lights with a front light. I'm super pumped though due to all the bad things I've been reading on here about the '87s. SWEET I OWN AN '88! Is there any way to double check with the serial number though? Hard to tell with the cables rubbing away at the sticker.

IMG_3763 by BC4Lyphe, on Flickr

IMG_3962 by BC4Lyphe, on Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links