Clutch not fully releasing?
Close

I had a good ride on the dub today and noticed when I down shifted full clutch in I could still feel action in the chain. When I got home I shut down the machine and shifted it into gear there is tension on the chai n with full clutch in and no resistance in nuetral. I tried adjusting the cable in and out but to no avail and the spring is properly aligned. Anyone else have similar problems my bike is low milage if it makes a differance?

Thanks

Ryan
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

The clutch on my TW drags until the oil is hot. I don't worry about it.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

My 2010 with 14K miles is easier to push in neutral than in gear with clutch fully pulled. Was like that from day one (bought her new) and since the clutch is still not slipping with 14k miles on it, I guess it's all right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I replaced my clutch cable and the drag got alot better. There is still some though, but it doesn't stall when I put it into first when it is cold anymore.
    -Szj

2001 TW

Well sounds like this is the nature of the beast vs. an individual problem. I can live with it but if there is a cure feel free to [email protected] Zombie the bike has less than 300miles the cable is still good, good advice though.
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain_Will_Fall View Post
    Zombie the bike has less than 300miles the cable is still good, good advice though.

Break it in completely before doing anything more, it is the nature of a wet clutch. After 2,000 miles switch to synthetic, that will help a lot.

(or keep it in a warm garage..... )
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Sponosred Links