Foot Peg Offset
Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foot Peg Offset

Hey Fellow T-Dubbers (T-Dubbites?),

A question regarding the fit on the new DMO foot pegs: Did yamaha fix the offset in later years?

Can you measure your pegs from the back of the rear axel nut to the front of the peg bracket?

on my '94 i got 21 3/4" for the left side and 22 1/2" on the right. with the pegs installed it is 22" to the front of both pegs.

a problem came up for one owner and dmo bill wants to resolve any problems.

thanks!

joe
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Can't measure from the rear axle nut, chain adjustment will cause a different measurement for every one.

My buddy's 2010 still has the offset.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Quote Originally Posted by r80rt View Post
    Can't measure from the rear axle nut, chain adjustment will cause a different measurement for every one.

My buddy's 2010 still has the offset.
    good point, though if there is a stagger it should still be different from right to left, despite a difference in actually length. correct?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

You are correct sir, on my '07 I have 22 1/4" on the left side, and 23" on the right side.

Measured from the back of the rear axle nut to the front of the peg bracket. looks like 3/4" difference.

CORRECTION, properly measured the difference is 5/8"
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

The shifter side of mine is 1/4" shorter

I just checked both of my stock pegged TWs. They only have a 3/16” offset.

Measuring from the front of the foot peg (the toothed part that you rest your foot on) to the CENTER LINE of the rear axle, mine are:

Code:
    2008:   LEFT:  21-1/16”          RIGHT:  21-1/4”          

2003:   LEFT:  21-1/4”           RIGHT:  21-7/16”

In both cases the right one is only 3/16” farther forward than the left.

I looked at mine with the DMO pegs on and they do look like they are offset now. I didn't measure I will do that tomorrow and take a pic.

FYI mine is a 2013

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
    I looked at mine with the DMO pegs on and they do look like they are offset now. I didn't measure I will do that tomorrow and take a pic.

I was thinking the same thing, I measured 23 1/4" left and 22 1/2" right from the end of the swingarm to the front of the pegs. Mine is a 2005.

I measured from the center of the axle to the back edge of the new DMO footpegs. Left side is 20 inches and the right side is 19 inches. SO the right side sits back an additional inch. It doesn't bug me at all but I can see the difference looking down. I couldn't get a good picture.

2013 TW200

Hello. The issue of the powdercoating chipping is being addressed. Currently, I am switching to a hybrid powder coating which is not quite as shiny, but way more durable.

Now, the bigger problem. I put a mountain of time into making sure these footpegs addressed the offset issue. Now I'm finding that no two TW200's seem to have the same offset, even though Yamaha NEVER changed the footpegs or brackets from 1987 thru 2013. I've stopped sales on my site because I don't know how to address this problem. I've already got one set I have to refund. Sales have been great, but I don't want to have a massive recall.

I'm not in this for the money by any means. At the same time, I take great pride in my work. I can't be selling a product that fits one bike and not another. Yet I can find no rhyme or reason why the offset is so different on every bike. I also do not have the ability to make a custom pair for every single bike. Until I can find out what's going on, I'm stopping sales on my site.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links