No electric start?
Close

Hey guys haven't been round here in a while but have recently had a few problems with the ol T-dub. Hoping someone might know what's up with a couple these issues.

First problem) Electric start doesn't work at all and I've been kick starting it for the past couple weeks. When I turn the ignition on it doesn't even give me power with lights or anything at all, not even horn. Once I kick start it, it idles and powers the lights and everything but it idles like a bike with no battery power, e.g. lights go brighter when I crank the throttle and they dim with the vibe of the engine when I'm stopped at lights etc.

(Second problem) When I indicate my headlights and brake lights flash with the indicator. e.g when my indicator flashes the headlight + brake lights are dull and when it stops flashing both lights are normal?

Very strange and I'm keen to get to the bottom of it. I wanted to see if any tech heads on here knew much about T-dub electrics. Do they have little problems every now and then or do I have gremlins in my bike haha? Any help would be tops.

cheers guys n gals!

Kinda sounds like the battery is bad or going bad. Can you take it out and have it tested somewhere? Load test it.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Borrow a battery from someone and see if that is the problem. (or charge yours) Good to hear from you again!
    Rusty

2005 TW200

2005 Triumph Bonneville T100

Sponosred Links