Please help a english man with a tw125
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By skippyboyo2

Thread: Please help a english man with a tw125

Hi there everyone

I bought a tw125 a few months back and seem to be having a odd problem. When the bike is cold it starts and runs with choke and after a mile I switch choke off and every thing seems fine. After a ride of say 15mins I noticed that at traffic lights if I rev the bike with wide open throttle while in neutral it splutters up the rev range but not anough to stall. Now this only happens when the bike has got to temp and stopped. Also if Im riding with wide open throttle in say 4th or 5th then let off the throttle and snap it back open again it hesitates for a split second before picking back up.

I've cleaned the carb twice, bought a new coil and plug, messed with the fuel screw etc but to no avail. I should note that it uses the mv28 CV carb like on the later 200 I believe.

Any help or advice is much appreciated

Matt

Just guessing......open the idle mixture screw 2 to 2.5 turns (unless that is the "fuel screw" you mentioned) and if that doesn't work try raising the float level a little. Good luck.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Thanks for your reply Tony

Yes the fuel screw (mixture screw) was at 2-1/2 turns when I got it and I've tryed setting it both ways with no joy. It says in the service Manuel that it should be 1-1/2 turns but after setting it to the highest revs it seems happiest at 1-3/4 to 2 turns.

I used a piece of clear pipe and checked the float level and its just over the seem of the float bowl which is where it should be so I've read. Its really got me thinking. I should also state that the bike is in no way customised so I cant see why anything would be out of sync.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Another idea.......look at your spark plug. If it is all black and covered with soot it is running to rich. It doesn't sound like it is running rich but at least check it out.

I checked the plug again today and its looking dark grey on top and the white bit under it is a tanish brown colour so I presume that is about right? I used it for work today but before I left I moved the clip on the needle down a notch ( lifted the needle) and it started without choke but still could of done with using it as it was still a bit stuttery. It felt a little better while riding but still sputters at a stop while opening the throttle wide open.

I did notice I could smell something different from the exhaust, maybe a fuel smell so lifting the needle must of made it a bit more rich. I have 1 more notch left on the needle so dont know if I should move it one more notch?

Also the sputtering I get while its stopped at wide open throttle might be happening a tiny bit if I pull away in 1st and open it up but definitely not in any other gear.

Sounds like you are on the right track. If lifting the needle made it better try lifting one more notch and see what happens.

Did you fix this? Annoying when someone "uses" the forum and disappears.
    littletommy and 66roadkill66 like this.
    View my build/off road riding here with lots of pics and vids Hidden Content

Uk TW/ Suzuki LTZ250 off road rider only

Flat out or back out.

Quote Originally Posted by skippyboyo2 View Post
    Did you fix this? Annoying when someone "uses" the forum and disappears.
    Sounds just like another forum i'm on

Sponosred Links