Top End Rebuild Kit
Close

Hello to all this late evening. My TW has developed an oil leak at the base of the top end. I have searched hi and low on line for a complete top end rebuild kit (gaskets, rings,...etc.) for the T-dub but no luck. I can find them for the XT and other Yamaha models but not the TW. Many of the on line shops have all the parts individually but no kits. Are there any kits that are interchangeable with the TW? If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Cheers

Sounds like you have got the famous base gasket leak. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. OK. You "MUST" make sure you get the 2010 or newer base gasket.... If you go in and order one for your year they may try and sell you one that's out of date and it WILL leak again if installed....... Do some research and you can read all our stories about "THE LEAK" Good luck. Others will chime in and can even give you the part#.. P.S. Welcome. OMM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Piston rings will need to be ordered seperately as there are a few different sizes. I'm told there is a measuring process outlined in the TW manual to determine what size rings to order. Essentially, with wear and tear on the piston & cylinder, you may require a different size set of rings.
    1991 TW200 Hidden Content

Thanks a ton guys. Procycle.us has the complete top end kit that I'm looking for and they appear to be the "correct" set. Hopefully this time I won't have to go back and do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcode Bob View Post
    Thanks a ton guys. Procycle.us has the complete top end kit that I'm looking for and they appear to be the "correct" set. Hopefully this time I won't have to go back and do it again.
    Important...Take the time to inquire if that kit has a 2010 or later base gasket.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I know this is an older thread, but I emailed them and they said it is an aftermarket gasket but have had no complaints of it failing. What do you guys think about it? I was going to order the kit as well, but now I am not sure.

I checked the ProCycle link and can see a top end gasket kit but not a complete top end rebuild kit. Am I missing that kit?

Maybe I am wrong here but I think if I was tearing the top down to replace the base gasket on a high mile engine, would it not be smart to replace valves, guides and cam bearings while there?

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links