valve lash
Close

Thread: valve lash

Hi all TW enthusiasts. I have been reading these forums for a couple years now. I have recently got into the TW more than ever so decided it was time to start contributing to this great forum that and I do have a queestion. I owned a 1990 tw for a couple years and loved it. I recently sold that and purchased a real nice low mile 2009. Ill p[ost pics soon. My question today is. I recently took off the left side cover on my new 2009 to check and replace the air filter element. I found a sticker on the back of the left side cover with all kinds of specs. What I noticed was there was a spec for " valve lash" it had measurements for intake "in" and "ex" exhaust but the thing is the yamaha sticker says intake 0.05-0.09 exhaust 0.11-0.15 it is in metric mm. I remember on my 1990 I had them adjusted to .004-.006 and .002-.004 but i think that was inches? hmm maybe I have answered my own question. Well Ill post this anyway what do you guys do ? Has anyone ever noticed this sticker with specs? THanks alot

woops I guess I should have done a more thourough search of the archives someone already discussed this topic thanks anyway

Join the club! It happens to the best.
    Rusty

2005 TW200

2005 Triumph Bonneville T100

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TDUBN View Post
    Hi all TW enthusiasts. I have been reading these forums for a couple years now. I have recently got into the TW more than ever so decided it was time to start contributing to this great forum that and I do have a queestion. I owned a 1990 tw for a couple years and loved it. I recently sold that and purchased a real nice low mile 2009. Ill p[ost pics soon. My question today is. I recently took off the left side cover on my new 2009 to check and replace the air filter element. I found a sticker on the back of the left side cover with all kinds of specs. What I noticed was there was a spec for " valve lash" it had measurements for intake "in" and "ex" exhaust but the thing is the yamaha sticker says intake 0.05-0.09 exhaust 0.11-0.15 it is in metric mm. I remember on my 1990 I had them adjusted to .004-.006 and .002-.004 but i think that was inches? hmm maybe I have answered my own question. Well Ill post this anyway what do you guys do ? Has anyone ever noticed this sticker with specs? THanks alot
    Stop tinkering with things that aren't broken. Ride it hard and you'll have plenty to fix

Sponosred Links