Headlight fluid level ?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Headlight fluid level ?

Just how much water should be in my Headlight before I replace it ? J/K I noticed the other night riding home from work that the light on the road was kind of wavy and very strange looking. it's not a big deal for off road and day time driving, however I get done work at 3AM. I use two different routes home and both are through prime Deer area's.

So what is the best street legal Headlight replacement for my 06 TW?? I would like to replace it with something better than stock. Thanks!!

amazing, water inside the headlight and it still Works? Never had mine apart so if it just has a bulb that locks in from the rear of the light body, take it out and dump the water, dry the body and reinsert the bulb and make sure it is sealed. Like I said, never had a reason to take a look so maybe I am just babbling.

Your "Headlight Fluid" dip stick should have low/high indicater marks . . . .

Bag
    Fred likes this.
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I replace my headlight fluid twice a year, whether it needs it or not. I do it at the same time that I rotate the air in my tires .

Make sure to check the torque on your piston return springs.
    You never know what you can do until you have to undo something you have done.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZV7A6Nknps[/media]

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    I replace my headlight fluid twice a year, whether it needs it or not. I do it at the same time that I rotate the air in my tires .

I prefer to run Winter air in my tires, they run much cooler that way in the Summer heat. Just before the end of the Season I pump in Summer air. That way my Tires help melt the Snow for better traction. You should try it some time!

Quote Originally Posted by Joboo View Post
    I prefer to run Winter air in my tires, they run much cooler that way in the Summer heat. Just before the end of the Season I pump in Summer air. That way my Tires help melt the Snow for better traction. You should try it some time!

That's a great suggestion!

Unfortunately, out here in California it is difficult to find really good Winter air. What part of the country are you in? Maybe we could start an exchange program. I could send you my wheels/tires with Summer air in them and you could swap it with the air in your wheels/tires and then send them back. Of course I would be happy to compensate you for the crummy California air that I would be sending you. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    That's a great suggestion!

Unfortunately, out here in California it is difficult to find really good Winter air. What part of the country are you in? Maybe we could start an exchange program. I could send you my wheels/tires with Summer air in them and you could swap it with the air in your wheels/tires and then send them back. Of course I would be happy to compensate you for the crummy California air that I would be sending you. What do you think?

Sorry I don't want any thing from Commiefornia except the American flag! Here in Pa. we have good fresh air, cold Winters and hot Summers

You can add blue food coloring to the water. No need to buy expensive bulbs to get the same effect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links