Help a TW out?
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TW-Brian

Thread: Help a TW out?

Help a TW out?

So I've been fighting this mystery issue for quite a while. In the process of fixing the original issue, I broke one of the carb float mounts (doh!). The pin sits in there still and only drops maybe 1-2mm. I've tried everything under the sun. Even wussed out and took it to the dealer and they said "uh you need a new carb". I don't think that's true because the issue was present before and after the post broke.

So my request is this. Is there anyone in the northern Cali area (I'm in the east bay of SF) with an old style carb (mine is a '99)that they know runs correctly. I could come to you, do the old swapper-oo to see if what I need is to shell out the 300$ for a new carb. I'd provide a case of your choice of beer, bottle of happy spirits or good old cash.

Help a fellow TW out and save me from potentially shelling out 300 if I don't need to.

Thanks!
    Dale

Hey Dale,

You can't be too far from me.

I've got a carb from my son's bike (a 1987) that he replaced with another one. I know he rode with it for a few years, but it had some minor problem which is why he replaced it. I can't remember the specific problem. You are welcome to try that one, or I can put you in touch with him for more details.

Let me know,

Brian
    Rainman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Hey Dale,

You can't be too far from me.

I've got a carb from my son's bike (a 1987) that he replaced with another one. I know he rode with it for a few years, but it had some minor problem which is why he replaced it. I can't remember the specific problem. You are welcome to try that one, or I can put you in touch with him for more details.

Let me know,

Brian
    Brian,

Thanks for the offer. Pleasanton is only like 45 minutes from me.

I tried to send you a PM and I don't think it worked (some glitch, maybe with the new forum format). My email is babcock255 at gmail you want to communicate that way.

Dale
    Last edited by Boarder255; 07-10-2013 at 12:25 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Dale, you might want to edit your last post so your email address looks more like babcock255 at gmail dot com or else the automated bots that scour the net looking for emails will find it and you'll start getting a lot more spam.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Sponosred Links