I'm a believer....as Neil Diamond would say....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've never been one to purchase snake oil type products in the past.

But last week I became a 100% believer in Marvel Mystery Oil!

Imagine my surprize when I pulled both the heads of my 08 TW's last week to re-ring them

and found mine, somewhat dirty, scuffs in the cylinder, and a raised edge of deposits inside the

top of the cylinder, tan soot on the valves and generally looking like, well it had 6k miles on it!

But.....the wifes TW was a totally different story! the top of the piston looked like a new one that

someone had simply sprayed WD40 on it! Valves looked like new, cylinder looked flawless, no build up

around the top etc.

It honestly looked like it was just assembled with new parts! Even the edge of the piston wasn't brown!

Now before ya start in and tell me I rode mine harder, longer, or farther (had to get that one in)

"I" have been using these bikes to commute back and forth to work and adventure riding on the weekends.

They have been ridden exactly the same. The only difference has been a capfull of MMO per tank in her bike

at each fill up.

You can bet I'm buying stock in the stuff!

All my vehicles will use it from now on. I guess you could say seeing is believing.

IGOFAR

My grandfather used Marvel Mystery Oil. He learned about it from all the farmers he grew up with & worked for. Lots of farm equipment gets used for a couple of weeks a year, then sits for the rest of the time. MMO keeps the engines clean & ready to run. Little or no rust in the cylinders or in the crankcases, even when they've sat for a long time.

The ol' farmers would actually caution that you let a new engine break in before using it.
    When you use MMO it actually soaks into the metal, chemically changing the surface. You can see the color difference in engines that use it. It's a good idea to use it both in the fuel and in the crankcase oil to get the whole engine coated.

I use it on all my vehicles. When I had to take the heads off my '80 XS850 Special at 180,000 miles it was clean & looked almost new. All those miles & no valve shim changes needed. The dealer I bought it from couldn't believe it was the same bike.

In the TW I use MMO to top off when I change the oil. That puts about 0.2 quart per 1 quart of oil. I put it and Sea Foam in the fuel tank about every fifth or sixth tank full. It'll keep the tank from rusting out too.

P.S. soak your chain in it.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Verrry interesting!

You hear these stories once in a while, and it gets you to thinking.
    2007 FZ1

1991 TW200

1972 CB350

2006 Goldwing

2008 WR250R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

"they" say that standard ATF added to your oil will help clean the engine. i know if you have a hydraulic lifter going bad, adding atleast half of a quart of ATF to your oil will help clean the lifter out and possibly free it up. marvel mystery kind of reminds me of ATF in the color, although it seems thinner and you can add it to gas. anyone know what MMO is actually made of?

Naphthenic Hydrocarbons

Mineral Spirits

Chlorinated Hydrocarbons

Ortho-dichlorobenzene

p-dichlorobenzene

Ah the good old MMO. I usually don't believe in Snake Oils either , but have had good results with this product in the past. I added a quart when doing an oil change on a Subaru with chronic valve noise and by the second red light the noise was gone. Dumped a quart in an old 5th Ave and the lifters quieted down in a few minutes also.

I guess adding some to the tdub couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by betopimienta View Post
    Ah the good old MMO. I usually don't believe in Snake Oils either , but have had good results with this product in the past. I added a quart when doing an oil change on a Subaru with chronic valve noise and by the second red light the noise was gone. Dumped a quart in an old 5th Ave and the lifters quieted down in a few minutes also.

I guess adding some to the tdub couldn't hurt.

I never thought of adding it to the motor oil. I wonder if it would damage our wet clutches?

Would it cause our clutch to slip?

Just thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by igofar View Post
    I never thought of adding it to the motor oil. I wonder if it would damage our wet clutches?

Would it cause our clutch to slip?

Just thinking...

No!! It is not the same as Slick 50. I've used MMO in every bike I've owned. Never had any problem with slipping.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Been using it for years, I think my Grandfather turned me on to it for my Bike chain. Now I use it anywhere I can, even on guns.
    There is no distinctly native American criminal class...save Congress..

-- Mark Twain

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.

-- Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by igofar View Post
    I've never been one to purchase snake oil type products in the past.

But last week I became a 100% believer in Marvel Mystery Oil!

Imagine my surprize when I pulled both the heads of my 08 TW's last week to re-ring them

and found mine, somewhat dirty, scuffs in the cylinder, and a raised edge of deposits inside the

top of the cylinder, tan soot on the valves and generally looking like, well it had 6k miles on it!

But.....the wifes TW was a totally different story! the top of the piston looked like a new one that

someone had simply sprayed WD40 on it! Valves looked like new, cylinder looked flawless, no build up

around the top etc.

It honestly looked like it was just assembled with new parts! Even the edge of the piston wasn't brown!

Now before ya start in and tell me I rode mine harder, longer, or farther (had to get that one in)

"I" have been using these bikes to commute back and forth to work and adventure riding on the weekends.

They have been ridden exactly the same. The only difference has been a capfull of MMO per tank in her bike

at each fill up.

You can bet I'm buying stock in the stuff!

All my vehicles will use it from now on. I guess you could say seeing is believing.

IGOFAR
    6000 miles nd your having to re ring them? I've got nearly 20 000 on mine and haven't touched it. Why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links